This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you sick of the snow yet?

I'm getting there. But I took pictures first.

Thankfully, the snow was gone before it could get in the way of the Asheville Mardi Gras parade!
    Last edited by Antisocial_Worker; 02-15-2010, 12:24 PM.
    Drive it like it's a county car.

What is this snow you speak of?

I haven't seen snow since 2008. ><

Comment

It's the 3 feet of white crap that's currently covering my yard
      Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

won't matter much.
        the snow won't leave this area until april. and then it'll come back once or twice in may just to f*** with us.

Comment

Thanks for taking a look, everyone.

Quoth PepperElf View Post
          won't matter much.
          the snow won't leave this area until april. and then it'll come back once or twice in may just to f*** with us.
          I've seen it snow in May here before. I remember that very vividly because my sixth grade teacher lost her patience and finally snapped at the entire class, "Get away from the windows -- it's not sticking and they won't close school!"

Comment

Yay, New Jersey!

Nice pics! I like the one of (I'm guessing) the roof, below the "Press and Hold 5 Seconds" sign. And the lion below that one looks quite horrified at all the snow (I guess lions don't see much snow in real life ).

I like the piggies, too

Ooh, the shadows on the steps are really cool!

And birdy footprints in the snow

----
            On a snow note, the sheet of ice on the sidewalk behind my building was a river of melted water when I got home. Tomorrow morning I'm sure it will be a nice smooth sheet of ice again. Though if I feel like I did this morning, I will probably not be going to work. Not snowing here yet, but it is at my parents' house, and they're not too far away (a bit south).

There are also two 2-wheeled conveyances in my back parking lot. They have been taking up two decent spots (one of them is in the closest spot to the building) for the last couple months (they are covered up).
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

We had mostly rain today, when they were calling for a rain/snow mixture . . .

Until this afternoon around 5:30 when I was woken up from a good nap by the sound of a bunch of stuff hitting the bedroom window . . .

Sounded like hail and the sky had an angry black cloud over it. My brother said it was hail the size of golf balls.

But then the weather person on Channel 2 News said it was sleet pellets that hit some parts of the area earlier . . .

Either way, I'm ready for all this winter mess to be gone . . . we've had snow falling the last 3 Friday evenings in a row. We still have snow patches in our yard from 3 weeks ago that still haven't melted completely away and right now, even though we still have a few patches of snow left, most of our yard has turned into a giant mud bog.

I think my Mom hit the nail on the head . . . the local Natural Science Center got out the wrong groundhog on Feb. 2 . . . they had gotten out the blind one and that's why he didn't see his shadow . . .so now we're stuck with 6 more weeks of this cold, messy crap . . .
              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Now it's snowing...nothing major so far.

But my current temperature is 101.3 (so why the hell am I shivering so much?!) so I have a feeling I will not be going anywhere tomorrow morning.

Comment

To everyone -- thanks for taking a look!

To BookstoreEscapee -- I'm sorry to hear you're not feeling well, but thanks for looking around and leaving your comments. I hope you feel better soon!

To DGoddess -- On the local news last night, the meteorologist stated that 77 days have passed since the first major snow to hit this area back in December. Of those 77 days, 55 have been below normal in temperature. It's pathetic, but we've been reduced to telling ourselves that winter can't last forever. Personally, I'm using it as a way to vicariously visit Minneapolis, which I've always wanted to see, without having to endure the hassle of leaving home.

Comment

Quoth hauntedheadnc View Post
                    To BookstoreEscapee -- I'm sorry to hear you're not feeling well, but thanks for looking around and leaving your comments. I hope you feel better soon!
                    Thanks, me too...my temp is up to 102.6 today (though when I woke up it was 97.9 I think). At first I blamed my 85 thousand layers of blankets that I was sleeping under, but I took a shower and then waited a half hour but it didn't go down. But roomie brought me apple juice so I'm just waiting for it to colden up .

Comment

Working...
                    X