Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maybe listen to what's going on outside first...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe listen to what's going on outside first...

Today my train gets cancelled and I get stuck at the station for roughly half an hour. While they're waiting for the next one to come over (this train is essentially a shuttle of sorts, with the stop I was at being the start), they decide that to speed things up, the stopping pattern will be altered, so that it only stops at two major stations before hitting the CBD (one of which was mine thankfully). The guard is announcing this over the PA every 2 minutes or so.

Then the train ACTUALLY pulls up, I hop in and while I'm waiting for it to depart. The PA IN the train crackles to life and we get informed that this train will be stopping at all of the stations on the way to the city (which is the normal stopping pattern for this train).

Less than 30 seconds later, we then hear from the platform "This train will be going to <stop>, <stop>, <stop> and then <city>." We then hear the "This train will be stopping at all stations," spiel INSIDE the train again.

Evidently someone must've told the guard what was going on because the next announcement was "Attention customers, for those who are wondering if we are stopping at <blah>, yes we are, this is an all-stations service." Then the guard on the platform goes "We apologise, this train is now stopping at all stations."

Either way, I got home, albeit a bit later than usual.

Left hand doesn't know what the right is doing....

Comment

Quoth Mental_Mouse View Post
      Left hand doesn't know what the right is doing....
      Pretty much.

I got a bit annoyed at first (having come off the back of a very bad day ) but then after they did that cycle for about the third or fourth time, I was giggling.

The guards on the train do have a bit of fun with things sometimes - whenever their announcement comes up, you can sometimes hear them playing music in the background - bonus points if it's hard rock.

Then there was the time that a group of very rowdy folks came on the train celebrating after their soccer team had won. They were loud enough I could hear them from one carriage over. The guard's way of dealing with it was to play the automated "Alcohol consumption is prohibited on the trains," message on loop until they got the hint and left.

Comment

Heh! Made it boring.....

Comment

Quoth Minflick View Post
          Heh! Made it boring.....
          I should note that the reason FOR their rowdiness was because they'd had quite a few beers and were still drinking on the train, so the message was justified. It was just the fact that the guard opted to play that one on loop until they took the hint

Surprisingly, there's very minimal suck ON the trains, but there are a few moments here and there. Some examples:

- Someone did something (can't quite remember) and opted to be a dick about it to the cops. They got dragged off the train and the guard let loose with a long-winded message catching someone else out for that same thing (right down to the carriage, seat number and description of the person - thankfully not my carriage, but the message was broadcast to all of them) before then reminding us that "we can see everything and you need to follow all directions."

- Someone ELSE decided to travel BETWEEN the cars of the train (This was one of the ones where there's an "Airlock" between the two carriages). They didn't get very far. Unfortunately since this one didn't have cops or transport staff checking tickets onboard, the guard wound up yelling over the PA for him to get off the train and informing the rest of us that the train wouldn't leave until they moved. Unlike the first example, they did actually comply.

- At least two instances of people trying to beg for money ON the train...and then promptly getting busted for fare evasion by the folks checking passes on the train.

- WAY too many instances of people jumping the gates at the station I get on at the end of the day and then being arrested by the cops as a result.

- Someone ELSE doing something at the same station that resulted in capsicum spray being deployed .

Comment

Working...
          X