No announcement yet.

Random Sucky Neighbor Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MC, similar over here. I went out for a walk and left the screen door open with a fan in it cool off the apt. When I got back of course my neighbors were outside smoking, because nobody in his complex can go more than a couple of hours, and I had smoke in here. If they want to have a proven unhealthy habit then that's between them and their maker but I shouldn't have to be subjected to second-hand smoke. It isn't just the smell. It compromises my breathing.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• Dude, we only have ONE handicapped slot in front of our building. So WHY has your so-huge-it-has-to-have-running-boards-for-you-to-get-in black no-handicapped-sticker-or-hangtag pickup been sitting in it for the last four days?

Comment

• ^ There must be some rule against that that you can cite.

Comment

• Thinking about discussing it with the office. Could wind up impounded . . . Just not sure I'm up for the possible flare-back, since I'm now the only handicapped placard in the building.

Comment

• Quoth morgana View Post
            ...since I'm now the only handicapped placard in the building.
            You have more right than anyone to complain, then. Do you know who owns the car? Maybe that would give you a feeling for whether there may be fallout. Of course that would also be an HR issue.
            "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

• Yeah, legal fallout I'm not worried about.

Probably going to call the office on Monday.

Comment

• Ah, that kind of fallout... I think we all understand. :P That's why I always try to determine if someone taking my spot is a complete stranger or just someone in the complex who had a brain fart before I get them towed.

Comment

• Post on the company message board:

"TDS is not a qualifying handicap for use of handicapped parking places."
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• Quoth dalesys View Post
                    "TDS is not a qualifying handicap for use of handicapped parking places."
                    OK, I've obviously missed this one; what does TDS mean?
                    "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

• Quoth greek_jester View Post
                      OK, I've obviously missed this one; what does TDS mean?
                      ... Tiny Dick Syndrome ... Common in people who drive gihugeous loud trucks and spurts cars that are prick parked so nobody gets near them.
                      Last edited by dalesys; 07-23-2018, 11:02 AM.
                      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• Can you do me a solid, here, neighbor. Please don't be standing in your front yard or the middle of the cul-de-sac staring at everyone like a creeper when we're showing our house, k? We want someone to buy it.
                        I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

• Apparently they are vetting their potential new neighbours ... ?

Grumpy Old Bat who lives across from me is, I think, a smoker. Periodically the smoke wafts in under my door. Ugh.

Yes, this is a non-smoking building; however, smokers who already lived here when those laws were passed were given a 'grandfather clause pass'. I understand that and I don't have any real problem with it. She and I got off to a bad start right from the start, so this is just something else about her I can grumble about.
                          Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
                          ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• Quoth dalesys View Post
                            ... Tiny Dick Syndrome ... Common in people who drive gihugeous loud trucks and spurts cars that are prick parked so nobody gets near them.
                            Aka "Rev that engine louder, I can't hear how small your dick is."
                            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

• Quoth Pixelated View Post
                              Apparently they are vetting their potential new neighbours ... ?
                              We haven't gone on the market just yet, but him standing around like a space cadet isn't unusual. Nice enough guy, just weird. I'm not totally convinced he's not on something.
                              I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

• I'm not entirely certain that dog really is a service animal. They're supposed to be trained not to bark at people and you leave it at home. If it's a service animal, don't you need it with you? I'm usually a champion of people who need them but I don't know, I'm just not certain this is the truth. Call it a gut feeling.

Comment

Working...
                                X