X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Migraines...

Ugh. I hates them my precious.

I rarely have migraines, real ones, at all. Tension headaches? Oh sure but that's not really the same. Today, though, I got an ocular migraine. Second time in a year. At first there was no pain but I couldn't see. When my sight cleared up, though, the pain hit. An nausea.

I've spent all morning sleeping and I feel somewhat human but I can't bear the thought of work. So depressing, I'd planned to go to the gym this morning and work all afternoon... *sigh* Anyway, just complaining. Although does anyone know any good foods to eat with this? I'm hungry yet feel sick. :P

I've never had a migraine but have heard horror stories from people who have. Can't offer much except sympathy, and the wish that you feel better quickly.

As to what to eat, I'd probably go with bland food ... crackers ... milk (assuming you aren't lactose-intolerant) ... stuff like that that you can eat/drink in small quantities until you actually have an appetite again.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

and peppermint to soothe your stomach.
      https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
      Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

I occasionally get the ocular migraines. When the silver flashes start, I take an RX strength dose of ibuprofen immediately along with a strong cup of coffee. If I can get the meds in early enough, I never have the pain.

I rarely get nauseated with migraines anymore. Come to think of it, since starting a low dose BP med, I am getting fewer and fewer migraines. I was having 1-2 a week and sometimes as many as 12-15 per month. I'm down to about 1 every 3 or 4 months now.

Comment

My big trigger for migraines is dehydration, well and caffeine withdrawal, but not quite the same there. Painful though.

Soup? Something more broth than anything else would be my suggestion.

Comment

Working...
          X