Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There comes a point where it becomes unreasonable...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There comes a point where it becomes unreasonable...

Did the local sci-fi con this weekend, had a blast. Now, I got a room at the hotel actually holding the con, and I did so knowing that it likely meant a little extra and/or late noise. This is not unreasonable.

But, see the thread title. And in that spirit, I have a posthumous note for the cackling hyenas in the hall:

It is 0200.

SHUT. UP.
    Last edited by Ceir; 04-22-2018, 11:50 PM. Reason: I spel gud
    Cheap, fast, good. Pick two.
    They want us to read minds, I want read/write.

Oh no no no. Wrong two words. If you're going to be up anyways (due to hallway cackling) you need these two words: Fire & Hose. I'll let you figure out the proper context.

Barring that, usually a call to management/front desk will get something happening.

Comment

That con needs to be run better. I'm overnight security for MFM, and we patrol the entire hotel. We're nice enough, we'll tell you to be quiet, firmly if we have to. Make us wake up the director of security, and you will regret it.
      Seph
      Taur10
      "You're supposed to be the head of covert intelligence. Right now, I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of intelligence. Covert, overt, or otherwise!"-Lochley, B5, A View from the Gallery

Comment

I used to attend Dragoncon (used to) and that was one of several reasons I quit. People doing their stupid Joker laughs at 3 am under my window. Ugh. Some of us want to sleep so we can look fabulous in our costumes tomorrow, okay?
        https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

I used to go to anime conventions all the time, but stopped because the maturity level seemed to drop each time I went. It was embarrassing. Hordes of tween girls running around "glomping" random cosplayers, squealing and damaging costumes as they went. They extended this outside the convention centers, and were a general nuisance to the whole area. People already thought we were strange, which was FINE, but destructive is not fine.
          Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

I've attended both anime and anthropomorphic cons in the last decade or so, and I've found the latter are famous for the "let's get drunk at 3 am and be OBNOXIOUS" type. Even if the con has designated "party floors" .

I was actually at a con as a vendor this January and the con was jokingly called "No Fun Con" since noise complaints were getting tossed around by guests as if they were confetti, as early as 8 PM. I remember hotel security (not con security, mind you, but hotel security) coming to our door and telling us to clam up because I had sneezed fairly loudly (one of those demon expelling from your nostrils sneezes). Our next door room has flight staff there.

Comment

Working...
            X