Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You forgot to make sure I had your card, and I'm the stupid one?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You forgot to make sure I had your card, and I'm the stupid one?

A mother and daughter come through my lane.

M: "This will be a delivery!"
    Awesome, she actually tells me before I start scanning anything so I can get the slip ready, mark the bags, and make damn sure I have a bagger. So I do so. I see that her store card is at the start of the order; once I scan that the timer starts so I want to make sure everything else is set. I take her card and put it up on the keyboard so I can scan it when I'm ready.

I mark the last bag, turn back to the register and start scanning...the card is gone. Mom is on her cellphone, when I ask her for the card she flaps a hand at me. I put the store card in; I can ask for hers later.

I get to the end of the order: "Can I have your store card? You put it away before I could scan it earlier." Ignored.

So tell her the total (since I put the store card in, she gets the sale prices), she pays...and then scrutinizes the bottom of her receipt. Before I can reiterate that I used the store card as she didn't let me scan hers, she explodes.

M: "Where are my gas points? I should get gas points! I bought a lot of stuff that was double gas points!"
    Me: "Ma'am, you didn't give me your card. I used the store card so you get the sale prices; you can take your receipt over to the desk and they will apply the gas points."
    M: "Ohmygawd I can't believe this! This happened to me before! I did give you my card, you're just trying to rip me off! [if I was trying to rip you off I wouldn't have put any card in, or put mine in] I can't believe you did this to me, you stupid girl!"

Me: "That was uncalled for. I am not stupid, don't try to blame me for something you forgot to verify."
    M: *glare*
    Manager L was bagging for me on this order, and she's not amused. I can also see a few customers behind the woman giving her the stinkeye.
    L: "Ma'am, you did not give her your card. If you had, the gas points would be there. Go to the service desk, get the gas points and leave right now, this transaction is over. You do not call my employees stupid."

After she has swanned off, I see L making a note on the delivery slip (didn't see what it was). Later, one of the cart wranglers comes to the desk with a cell phone he found in the parking lot, which I recognize as hers.
    Last edited by Dreamstalker; 01-31-2013, 09:58 PM.
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Much respect to your manager. It feels so good to know someone has your back [and isn't trying to stab it].

And in regards to that cell phone? I guess the staff was too stupid to not realize it wasn't trash.

Oops.

Comment

figures... she's too busy yapping her pie hole flaps to actually pay attention to you
      and then it's YOUR fault her card didn't get scanned?

sounds like she... Can't Understand Normal Thinking to me.

Comment

That's karmic justice right there, regarding the cell phone. Though it's probably also the store's fault she lost it somehow.
        Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
          figures... she's too busy yapping her pie hole flaps to actually pay attention to you
          and then it's YOUR fault her card didn't get scanned?
          This happens way more often than it should. If they're REALLY not paying attention (or just being uber-obnoxious) I won't even put a store card in unless they ask nicely.
          sounds like she... Can't Understand Normal Thinking to me.
          A lot of my customers have that disorder...my town is the butt of quite a few jokes involving entitled stupid people.

I would have liked to see what L wrote on the slip; the woman hadn't come back for her phone by the time I punched out 5 hours later.
          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
            Later, one of the cart wranglers comes to the desk with a cell phone he found in the parking lot, which I recognize as hers.
            Did you happen to note roughly how high above the ground her purse was (that she presumably missed when putting her phone away)? Did the phone look like it had fallen that distance onto concrete? What was the weather like (i.e. was it raining, with puddles in the parking lot)? My name's Murphy, and I've got a hot date with a chick named Karma.
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
            X