• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth AnqeiicDemise View Post
    I've been told how long hair is:

a) disgusting
    b) sick
    c) lazy
    d) high maintenance (how can it be lazy AND high maintenance, I don't know!)
    e) unflattering
    g) WEIRD
    h) many, many other negative adjectives.
    Never forget that, while there are many people who view long hair as a negative, there are many more people who love it, and quite a few people (myself included) that are absolutely captivated by it.

One of my very first "fanboy" crushes happened when I was a young teenager, and I discovered the wonderful Paulina Porizkova. I am not going to say finding her in the Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue helped to shape my love of women with long hair, but I am not going to totally discount that idea, either.

(Amusingly, one of the pictures of her from that issue that was most indelibly etched in my young mind is one that I cannot find larger than this. If anyone can find a larger version of this photo, you would make me a very, very happy Jester.)

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

A few months ago, for the first time in my life, I cut my hair short.

For most of my life, the curls have been mid-back, or longer. Hell, by the time I hit the salon in November, they were to my hips. And yet, I've never been happier with my hair than I am now. I'm letting it grow a bit, to see what it'll do, but for the most part, I'm never going back to long if it's avoidable.

And now I can use a lot less dye! I went a very dark purple this last time (almost black), but might go a bit reddish this next go-round. At some point, I'd love to put the Roguestreak back in, but my hair is so resistant to bleach that it always ends up causing problems.

Comment

image found. PM sent

Comment

Gratitude massive!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
            Never forget that, while there are many people who view long hair as a negative, there are many more people who love it, and quite a few people (myself included) that are absolutely captivated by it.

One of my very first "fanboy" crushes happened when I was a young teenager, and I discovered the wonderful Paulina Porizkova. I am not going to say finding her in the Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue helped to shape my love of women with long hair, but I am not going to totally discount that idea, either.

(Amusingly, one of the pictures of her from that issue that was most indelibly etched in my young mind is one that I cannot find larger than this. If anyone can find a larger version of this photo, you would make me a very, very happy Jester.)
            Thanks! Sometimes I do forget about the opposite side of the coin.

Btw: she's mega pretty.
            "The problem isn't usually that there are stupid people in the world as much as it is that the stupid people like to call or come in and point out how stupid they are to the working public" -Justa

Comment

Quoth ShinyGreenApple View Post
              Now, I did expect to get comments. I have long auburn/red hair with natural highlights. On Thursday, I went to a salon and had the front bleached almost white, kind of like Rogue.
              If I met you, I'd point at my own hair and say "Snap!" XD My hair is in exactly that style, cept my red hair is dyed rather than natural and is shorter. My inner geek is pleased whenever someone says to me, "You have hair like Rogue!" cuz that's exactly the look I was going for.
              People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
              My DeviantArt.

Comment

No, THIS is a knife!

On an unrelated note, My sister does the same thing with her hair, and hes she has received stupid complaints as well. Never anything to that level though. Mostly she just tucks it under her cap when working at her deli. She had it blonde like that for maybe a week, then started experimenting with coloured streaks. Oddly, she's never had the same colour twice.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                  If I met you, I'd point at my own hair and say "Snap!" XD My hair is in exactly that style, cept my red hair is dyed rather than natural and is shorter. My inner geek is pleased whenever someone says to me, "You have hair like Rogue!" cuz that's exactly the look I was going for.
                  One of our favorite regulars said that to me last night! I was quite tickled.

Knife guy and his wife actually came in yesterday, too. He gave her the money and she bought his meds from me and was very polite. He, on the other hand, refused to even make eye contact with me. How sad to be so narrow-minded and judgmental. Or he was embarrassed about how he acted last week. Or his wife told him to STFU and let her handle it because SHE was embarrassed . . .

So far he's the only person to complain. My Dad didn't even react that badly.

I got some Joico violet shampoo. It's a little pricey, but it's an extremely dark purple and tones your hair when you wash. It's taken me from brassy to almost the white that I originally wanted. I also bought some Mella toner but failed to purchase the developer along with it. I should probably give it a few weeks before I do that to it, anyways.
                  Last edited by ShinyGreenApple; 01-26-2013, 02:49 PM.
                  The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

Quoth ShinyGreenApple View Post
                    I have long auburn/red hair with natural highlights.
                    Do you have red-bronze-auburn hair and tawny, gold-flecked eyes with that "look of eagles"?

A Lens to anyone who gets the reference.

Comment

Quoth AnqeiicDemise View Post
                      I've been told how long hair is:

a) disgusting
                      b) sick
                      c) lazy
                      d) high maintenance (how can it be lazy AND high maintenance, I don't know!)
                      e) unflattering
                      g) WEIRD
                      h) many, many other negative adjectives.

Then sooner or later they see me with my hair loose (I like to show off the length every now and then) and they're like "OH MY GOD!! Your hair is so long, and pretty and.. wow...!"
                      I must be all of the above, then. I usually wear it clipped up, just to keep it out of the way, but when I'm not in the middle of doing something, I will wear it down.
                      Quoth Jester View Post
                      One of my very first "fanboy" crushes happened when I discovered Paulina Porizkova. with long hair, this.
                      As a kid, my mom kept my hair cut short. About 6th grade, I got tired of being mistaken for a boy and insisted on letting it grow.

In Jester's pic, where her hair hits by bending backwards is just a bit shorter than where mine is while standing up straight.

BTW, it's naturally blonde, but getting a little darker as I get older. Occasionally, I'll dye it red, which I'm told looks quite natural on me.
                      Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Why does he think you'd look better with most of your hair lopped off? Some people need to mind their own business.

Comment

Mmmmm, beautiful long, long hair. Mine vacillates between "usual guy short" & halfway down my back - but the wife isn't keen on it long...not at all.

Comment

I figured I'd get a lot of hate from coworkers and random idiots when I got the longer under layers of my hair colored pitch black and then had my chin-length bang layers also done black.

They also messed up a spot, which ended up being bleached white, so I do have a white area by the black bangs.

Oddly enough, people love my blonde/black mix.
                            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

My fiance, Al, has longish hair. It used to be what I call an opera ponytail (the men's hair, it's all curly in corkscrewish ways) but it's grown for a bit. He looks pretty good in it.

Due to his size I wouldn't want him having short hair, I've always thought big guys looked odd with short hair...and his is thinning as it is.
                              My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

You know, if that's the biggest problem in his life - to such an extent that he'd want to commit an act of assault or battery (I can never remember which) - then he's having a pretty good life.

Rapscallion

Comment

Working...
                                X