This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ring-A-Ding Douche

Working with cell phones on a general basis, I always get interesting stories. And some people are just so 'duh' that they shouldn't even bother looking into getting a cell phone because the phone is literally smarter than they are.

To set this up, I had a lady and her husband (we'll call him POM-Perverted Old Man and let's call her PHB-Pepper Haired Bitch) come up to the counter wanting a phone. Now, I am not the one who does the initial set-up but I do finish up the contract and get them out of the store.

Then they come back...

PHB: I wanted a white iPhone 4S and you sold me a black iPhone 4...
    Me: Ma'am, I sold you the phone you asked for
    PHB: Well, I want the iPhone 4S white. Can I exchange?
    Me: Certainly. Do you have your copy of your contract and receipt?
    PHB: No
    Me: I can't do an exchange then. I need a copy of your contract plus the receipt to do an exchange

Then she proceeds to call my friend an asshole, although she said "a-hole" and I immediately called her out on it too. So we start working out what she can do and eventually we get into setting up an individual plan on a sub-account that way she's not playing a family plan price and if she were to cancel the other line, it wouldn't affect the new one.

She asks me for a WHITE iPhone 5. (I'm starting to think this woman just hates the color black. Discrimination table of one please!) I explain to her that all we have is black. She was okay with that. After all, it was her husband paying for the bill. And don't even get me started with him. He wouldn't stop hitting on me! I just laughed it off but seriously, he was getting creepy. So I get the phone set up and tell her that she needs to find that other contract and receipt for me to do anything about the phone.

They leave.

Then a day or so later, I get a call at the store...

Me: Electronics
    PHB: Yeah. I was sold a black iPhone 5 the other day and I wanted a white one
    Me: We're out of white ones
    PHB: Oh, okay *click*

Not SO bad but she's still accusing me of selling her the wrong phone on purpose when she knew we didn't have the one she wanted.

And then today, oh buddy, today was the cake topper. Apparently she called my MANAGER and complained about something. I had to hear about it from her. So i was asked to look up a name if it could be done. I ask what the person's name is. As soon as she tells me, I instantly know who it is and explain I did two contracts for him under HIS name. She asked to see me. Okay. So I guess these people called and complained that I FORCED them to sign a contract they didn't want to sign. Yes, I borrowed some boat rope (because that shit is heavy and thick) from sporting goods, grabbed a chair and wrapped you up 40s gangster style and wouldn't let you leave with your phone until you signed the contract... *eye roll*

I was very firm in explaining what happened and they seemed to get a kick out of it. Fast forward an hour or so. PHB calls MY department and I happen to answer the phone...

Me: Electronics
    PHB: I'm calling to complain. I was sold a phone I didn't want and I was told I could take it to any store and exchange it for the one I want. You're other store told me I had to take it back to the same store I got it. The <enter phone company here> told me the same thing. I called your home office and they said the same thing. So I'm going to complain about you--
    Me: Hold up. Someone at THIS store told you this? Who was it?
    PHB: I don't remember..... uh.... <enter person's name>
    Me: *facepalm* That's me. I never and would never have told you that. I also remember telling you that we were out of the white one and all we had were black. You were okay with that. And this is the third time you've tried to pull something on me and I'm done
    PHB: *click*

I immediately call my manager and tell her what happened. So later on, I go to lunch. When I come back, I'm told by another associate that PHB called back and I guess complained AGAIN. This is getting ridiculous. The rest of the time goes by smoothly... until I clock out to go home. As I come back into the department to get a game I left in the drawer behind the counter, I see PHB and POM walk up. I looked at my friend, who knew the situation, and said "fuck this" then stormed off to find the manager who knew what was going on. I eventually got a hold of her but I didn't stick around to find out what happened.

I'm not stupid, okay? And a lot of people think I am and think they can get one over on me. I know she was just trying to stir up shit and I'm glad I walked away when I did otherwise my Irish mouth would have ripped her a new one.

I look forward to hearing what happened when I get back on Thursday...

I getthat type of thing ALL the time; I'm the manager of my cellphone store, and I'm here every single day, from open to close. That means that I'm here for every sale, and I remember most of my customers quite easily.

I also make sure I tell everyone my name, that I'm the store manager, that I'm here every day from open to close, and that they can call me anytime if they have a problem.

Of course, this means I get loads of calls asking for a manager (after I greeted them with my name), and they try to tell me about "the guy who sold them their phone" (me), and what "that guy" promised them/did to screw them over/etc. They lie through their teeth, claim they never got a receipt (EVERY customer gets a receipt), that they never signed anything (despite my having, in hand, their signed agreement), or that they were supposed to get something that I never even had in my store.

How can someone leave a cellphone shop, phone in hand, and not realize that they were given the wrong thing? Yeah, not possible.

Sometimes, after I point out that I am the person that sold them their phone, and that I am holding their signed agreement (with a copy of their drivers license or state I.D.), and the second copy of their receipt (listed as "Copy 2 of 2"), they back down. Not often, but sometimes.
    "She didn't observe the cardinal rule: Don't F**K with people who handle your food"
    -Ryan Reynolds in 'Waiting'

Comment

I'm sure it will interesting. As SM has your back on this matter, chances are your SC will try to go to corporate.
      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Yikkies! Glad your manager seems to have your back. And btw, SC's think everyone is stupider than them -it's in the profile.

Comment

"They can have any color they want...as long as it's black."
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

^ Volkswagen Beetle and old rotary telephones.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
              "They can have any color they want...as long as it's black."
              Quoth Shpepper View Post
              ^ Volkswagen Beetle and old rotary telephones.
              Beetles were sold in nearly as many colours as other cars of their era, and the old rotary phones were sold in a few colours other than black (such as noir and schwartz). The quote originally applied to the car the Beetle displaced as "most sales for a single model of car" - the Ford Model T.
              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

I reckon the SC's need to be subjected to this, on loop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVJLFfRYOj0
                The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

There is no way to get a new phone and contract without a ton of paperwork, signing of said paperwork, and practically giving away your first-born son, so there is no way "I didn't get a receipt" happens! Ditto to not seeing what phone you got (as most of the time the salesperson opens the box to start up your phone and transfer data, or set up your number, or write down serial number.)
                  Baloney to that silly customer!
                  I no longer fear HELL.
                  I work in RETAIL.

Comment

Quoth Enjis View Post
                    There is no way to get a new phone and contract without a ton of paperwork, signing of said paperwork, and practically giving away your first-born son, so there is no way "I didn't get a receipt" happens! Ditto to not seeing what phone you got (as most of the time the salesperson opens the box to start up your phone and transfer data, or set up your number, or write down serial number.)
                    Baloney to that silly customer!
                    Oh no. They got receipts. Both times. But when she tried exchanging the phone the first time, she didn't have it with her. No receipt, no go.

Comment

UPDATE: I didn't get in any kind of trouble. In fact, the manager said there was nothing they could do.

DOUBLE UPDATE: The PHB called me again today and guess what? She was bitching about the fact some manager from the other store said he was going to send over some phones which turned out to be complete shit. Then she started her crap with me again. I don't like being taken like that. After a bit, I put on her hold and got a manager. Was VERY forward about the fact I refuse to deal with her anymore and we had someone else take care of it. I had to explain to some other managers about this couple. So at least other people know about these people

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post

Beetles were sold in nearly as many colours as other cars of their era, and the old rotary phones were sold in a few colours other than black (such as noir and schwartz). The quote originally applied to the car the Beetle displaced as "most sales for a single model of car" - the Ford Model T.
                        Actually, originally, Model T's were available in many different colors - it was only after the assembly line was put into place that they had to be black (due to its quicker drying time.)

Comment

Working...
                        X