This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Cat Herder View Post
    Look pointedly at ID, then say, "Listen, Johnny DuSchnozzle of 123 Douchebag Lane, unless you apologize RIGHT NOW, we will not only toss you out, we will also contact your parents and let them know how you behave in public establishments!"
    Bonus points if you announce it over a loudspeaker, or say it loudly enough for every patron to turn and stare at Johnny. Sometimes a good dose of public humiliation and shaming will turn a brat around.
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Redhead17 View Post
      Probably thought they actually put rocks in it. Why else would he add "on the rocks"? (Wait, can a person be that dumb?)
      On a semi-related note my store began selling stones to put in your drinks so it does not dilute, but keeps the drink cool. A man bought them and the lady behind him commented, "You must be a really heavy drinker if you buy those."
      Whiskey stones! I like them, but they're for sodas for me.

And seriously, customersruinmylife, I'm amazed you haven't stabbed anyone yet with that crop of idiots. I'd never dream of acting like that, and can't see what in the world would motivate someone to.
      Tell a man there are 300 Billion stars in the universe and he’ll believe you.
      Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he’ll have to touch to be sure.
      -Unknown Author

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
        SC: I’ll have a scotch on the rocks.

He turned around to his friends and started giggling and high fiving, clearly very proud of what he had asked for. I give him the drink.

SC: What’s this? I didn’t ask for ice!
        Me: You asked for scotch on the rocks. Don’t you know what rocks are?
        SC: No.
        Me: It’s ice.
        SC: But I don’t take ice with my drinks. Also, can you top it up with coke? I hate neat whiskey.

I bit my tongue, because I nearly yelled “GET OUT!”
        I was immediately reminded of this:

http://notalwaysright.com/why-barkee...ld-part-2/2319

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
          I like most of them, but when it comes to the classics that involve gin, I draw the line. I've tasted many of them, of course, but my hatred of gin is pretty large, as it tastes absolutely horrid to me. This particular "flaw" in my classic cocktail regimen led to me telling the legendary Dale DeGroff that he was wrong when he told me that it was my duty as a good bartender to love a good gin martini. I'll MAKE the hell out of one, but DRINKING one? ENJOYING one? Oh, HELL FREAKIN' NO!
          I'm like that with coffee-flavoured anything.

I can smell it, I can taste it, I can state that it's a gorgeously made <whatever>. I can assure the chef/baker/barista that they've done a wonderful job.

But I simply cannot enjoy it. No way, no how.

Basically, I can make an aesthetic assessment of it, and of how well the flavours blend and complement, and so on. But at the base of it, it's still a coffee flavoured whatever. And thus, hideous. To my particular, unique set of tastebuds/neural interpretation of flavour.
          Seshat's self-help guide:
          1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
          2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
          3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
          4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
            To make life even more fun, there is a product called Whisky Rocks (or Whisky Stones) that you keep cold for putting into drinks so they don't get watered down.

Still, if Goofus didn't know "on the rocks" referred to ice, he most likely didn't know about the replacement products
            Beat me to it.

My boyfriend has these and uses them.
            The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
              To make life even more fun, there is a product called Whisky Rocks (or Whisky Stones) that you keep cold for putting into drinks so they don't get watered down.
              Keeping your stones in the freezer or marinating in booze?

Adds a whole new flavor to the concept of "Chill Out"!
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

The thing with whiskey stones and similar products is that they don't melt, which is both good and bad. It's good that they don't water down the booze, but it's bad in that sometimes, you want a little water to open up the flavor of the booze, something that whiskey stones simply can't provide. Something to consider when weighing the pros and cons of stones vs. real ice.

Quoth Seshat View Post
                I'm like that with coffee-flavoured anything.

I can smell it, I can taste it, I can state that it's a gorgeously made <whatever>. I can assure the chef/baker/barista that they've done a wonderful job.

But I simply cannot enjoy it. No way, no how.
                It's funny, but while I detest coffee, I don't mind coffee-flavored things. Well, some of them. Kahlua, for example, is rather tasty to me. And there are many dark beers that have certain coffee characteristics or notes in them that I love. That being said, there are beers that are over the top with it, such as at least one espresso stout that I smelled and it almost knocked me over. I doubt very highly I could drink that. And of course, while I love the smell of actual coffee, the taste is simply revolting.

But I understand what you mean about being able to compliment the item. I was once in a cookoff with a garlic theme, and someone had made a black olive tapenade. Now, anyone who knows me knows I detest olives; they are basically at the very top of my hate list. But I tried the tapenade. Did I like it? Absolutely not. It was gross to me. But I voted for it as one of the three best entries at the cookoff. Why? My friends asked me the same question, knowing full well my loathing of all things olive. Well, it was a very well made tapenade, and even as I find olives disgusting as a person, as a cook I can recognize when something is done right. It was an excellent use of garlic in a dish, and a fantastically made tapenade. I'll never eat it, of course. It's still olives. Yuck. But I can still recognize when someone has done something right.

(Amusingly I once made an olive snack for my friends that they loved. I never tasted it myself....too gross. Basically it was bleu cheese stuffed queen olives, wrapped in sweet basil, roasted red peppers, and prosciutto, as I recall.)

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post

(For those who don't want to read the linked reviews, suffice to to say that these two rums are two of the most premier sipping rums in existence, with each retailing for about $300 a bottle. These are the kinds of rums that I jokingly tell guests that if anyone ever ordered it with Coke, BY LAW, I would have to punch them in the face.)
                  The booze store in my podunk little town actually has a bottle pf pyrat cask for sale ... they keep it in the expensive locked booze case behind the counter. [they also had the XO reserve for $49 which I did pick up]

[I have a great relationship with the owner. He suggests stuff, and I threaten to come back and whack him with a crutch if i dislike it. So far he is batting 1000 on his recommendations.]
                  EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                    Short answer: Yes.
                    Slightly longer answer: How long have you been coming to this site?
                    [/I]
                    The internet quickly destroys my sarcastic remarks. There should be a button that notes when sarcasm has been used. This world would have less war in it if the sarcasm button existed. If anyone invents it I want 50%.
                    Life could be wonderful if people would leave you alone
                    - Charlie Chaplin

The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.
                    - Captain Jack Sparrow

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
                      The booze store in my podunk little town actually has a bottle pf pyrat cask for sale ... they keep it in the expensive locked booze case behind the counter. [they also had the XO reserve for $49 which I did pick up]
                      $49 for XO? Wow, that's steep. Here in KW it goes for $32-$40, and I have seen it back in Phoenix for $19-$23. I'm wondering...if the XO is $49, how much is the Cask?

Quoth Redhead17 View Post
                      The internet quickly destroys my sarcastic remarks. There should be a button that notes when sarcasm has been used. This world would have less war in it if the sarcasm button existed. If anyone invents it I want 50%.
                      Oh, even knowing that it was sarcastic would not have kept me from adding my own sarcastically rhetorical question. Just so you know.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                      Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
                        So how is the XO, any good? I must admit, Pyrat Cask intrigues me, but I don't have that kind of money.
                        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                        My LiveJournal
                        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth AmbrosiaWriter View Post
                          Unless it's a crap whiskey, mixing it with something else is wasting the whiskey.
                          The notable exceptions from KiaKat and Jester notwithstanding ^_^ ... Makes sense to me. If it NEEDS to be mixed with Coke/etc, it's nigh undrinkable to begin with.

Kinda like how many, many of my friends think of steak -- "No properly-done steak [regardless of how it is cooked] needs steak sauce. If it NEEDS sauce to taste good, send it back."
                          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Well, customersruinmylife, on behalf of all teenagers who actually know how to behave in public, I sincerely apologize. I'm 17 myself, and while, yes, I have my moments sometimes, but really now both of my parents would hang me by my toes if I ever pulled crap like that.

I'd like to see how these kids would act in the US where they need to be 21. But then again, I don't think anyone deserves that crap.
                            Some people just need a high five...

In the face with the back of a chair....

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                              Kinda like how many, many of my friends think of steak -- "No properly-done steak [regardless of how it is cooked] needs steak sauce. If it NEEDS sauce to taste good, send it back."
                              I've often responded to servers asking if I want steak sauce, "I hope not."
                              "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
                              -Mira Furlan

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                                (Amusingly I once made an olive snack for my friends that they loved. I never tasted it myself....too gross. Basically it was bleu cheese stuffed queen olives, wrapped in sweet basil, roasted red peppers, and prosciutto, as I recall.)
                                Mm.

Olives are gross to me, too. As is bleu cheese. That said, those flavours would complement each other very well, and I can understand that it would be a great snack - for olive and bleu cheese lovers.
                                Seshat's self-help guide:
                                1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                                2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                                3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                                4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Working...
                                X