X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Banshee Shrieks Tonight

Just a couple of snippets from satellite tv tech support:

I work for the department where we also support your tvs, computers, tablets, etc as well (pause for copious weeping).

So last night I get a call from someone in another department who is clearly gritting his teeth and at the end of his rope. Tells me he has a customer for me that needs three tvs replaced. Oh, happy day. He transfers her rather gleefully and as soon as I hear her whiny, entitled tone I know why. So right off the bat the whole thing is a clusterfuck. She's been transferred five times, including from my department where the agent should have just handled her in the first place, her televisions aren't registered and all the info on her account is wrong. Nobody has bothered to fix this mess because clearly nobody wants to deal with listening to her bitch through the whole process.

So it takes me about fifteen minutes to fix her account and register her equipment - I had to delete everything and put it all back in. Then it's time to take care of her televisions - three HD sets that will not power on after a lightning strike. Yep, they're covered - she's got a guaranteed repair or replace agreement; however, each claim costs a service fee of $50 dollars.

As soon as I inform her of this she shrieks "WHAAAAAT?!" so loud that it was like I'd been stabbed in the eardrums. "NOBODY EVER TOLD ME THAT!"

Oh, the battle cry of the willfully uninformed. I remind her that we sent an email with the terms and conditions of her plan and she ignores this nugget. "I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN YOU PEOPLE WERE GOING TO SCREW ME OVER SOMEHOW!!"

Excuse the hell outta me, but last time I checked, $150 to replace/repair three high definition televisions is a sweet deal. Trying to be nice, I suggested that if it was a hardship that she just submit one claim at a time and spread out the cost. "I CAN'T DO THAT...I HAVE THREE CHILDREN WHO NEED THEIR TVS!"

I nearly bit off my tongue to avoid saying that actually what her children probably need is sunshine, a good book, and some real parenting.

She spent the rest of the thankfully short call whining about how unethical we are, taking advantage of her. I know the whole entitlement thing shouldn't shock me after all this time but we couldn't be more accommodating. She was supposed to register her equipment in the first 30 days - she didn't, and we're letting her claim the stuff anyway. (we do that for everyone, otherwise I'd have been happy to deny her). She pays 19.99 a month to cover no limit of equipment. The cost to take care of her televisions will be several hundred dollars for us - frankly, I have no idea how we make any money off this plan. Go play your tiny violin someplace else, you spoiled breeder of future SCs.

God, if I ever have a last day at this job it's going to be EPIC.

Quoth mysticgirl5 View Post
    I nearly bit off my tongue to avoid saying that actually what her children probably need is sunshine, a good book, and some real parenting.
    Bwahahahaha!! LOVE IT! Glad I wasn't taking a drink of my coffee when I read that, or it would have been
    "Redheads have at least a 95% chance of being gorgeous. They're also concentrated evil." - Irv

"This is all strange, uncharted territory and your hamster only has three legs." - Gravekeeper

Comment

As soon as I inform her of this she shrieks "WHAAAAAT?!" so loud that it was like I'd been stabbed in the eardrums. "NOBODY EVER TOLD ME THAT!"
      "I'm telling you NOW!!! So there you have it. And honestly, would you rather play $300 or more for each TV or just pay the $50 service fee?"

Comment

The Banshee Shrieks Tonight
        On the phone now, the telephone now,
        The Banshee Shrieks Tonight...

I want it now I want it now I want it now I want it now
        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post

I want it now I want it now I want it now I want it now
          And yet another one for the "Customers Suck! Greatest Hits" album!

Comment

In a way, I'm glad I never had that kind of service plan to deal with when I worked at the repair center. You bought a service contract and that was that. The only things it didn't cover was stupidity (taking the mower apart before bringing it in) and willful damage (someone threw their VCR down in our parking lot and ran it over because they wanted a brand new replacement, not a repair!)

I'd hate to hear the howling of the banshees we'd have gotten back then, if there was a copay for it! We had enough of those on the wait times and parts not being in... >.<
            If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

I dont know if OP works for the one that is straight to you, but I do know when I worked their basic warranty plan (just covered the companies equip - no copays if it qualified) we ALWAYS told them about the deductable. She was probably just figuring if she screamed enough it would be waived

Comment

Working...
              X