This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customer Time

I had a customer make an appointment for 1:30 today. I received an email about 15 minutes before that saying she would be "a few minutes late." She still hasn't shown up. Any bets on how long "a few minutes" actually will be?
    "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
    -Mira Furlan

I say 2 hours.
    "Employees can make or break any business, so treat them with respect. Job satisfaction has little to do with money. Discover what it has to do with and make sure they get it."

Comment

Right before you close up.

Comment

Well, it wasn't quite that long. Still, "a few minutes" became 28 minutes. Luckily, I didn't have any other appointments this afternoon.
        "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
        -Mira Furlan

Comment

Going by the programmers' rule-of-thumb for converting estimates (especially PHB estimates) of how long a job SHOULD take to the time it will actually take, double it and go to the next higher unit. As such, I'd say Sandiercy is close, but 4-6 hours is closer (taking into account the doubling of "a few" before going from minutes to hours).
          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Use the "Bob and Doug Metric Conversion" rule - double it and add 32, eh?

B
            "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
            I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

Ever notice that when the customer is ~30 min late it's "just a few minutes" but if you take 5 min to do something it's "omg I've been waiting for 2 hours!" ?
              Persephone is the reason for the season.

Comment

Yes, that seems to be a bit of a trend on here.

Comment

Quoth stitchwitch View Post
                  Ever notice that when the customer is ~30 min late it's "just a few minutes" but if you take 5 min to do something it's "omg I've been waiting for 2 hours!" ?
                  We call it "Customer Standard Time."
                  PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                    We call it "Customer Standard Time."
                    Maybe SCs are like black holes and cause time to dilate around them?
                    Persephone is the reason for the season.

Comment

Well, they certainly do suck.
                      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                        Well, they certainly do suck.
                        And they can be very dense.

Comment

"...so dense even common sense cannot escape from their pull..."
                          The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                          "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                          Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Working...
                          X