This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro tip

Ok, people: I'm going to tell you a secret. Renting anything takes time. If the rental office tells you three times in a day that the office closes at 6, that means I *leave* at 6. I am not paid enough to wait on your inconsiderate ass to roll up at 5:55 because you can't plan for shit.

Oh wait, I lie: it's 5:57 right now and she's still nowhere to be found.
    What if Humans are just Dire Halflings?

Yep, I believe the hours should be stated thusly: "We close at six." Not "we're open until six." If you think about it, there is a difference in the way people perceive that. We are supposed to be GONE by 6:00:01.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
      Yep, I believe the hours should be stated thusly: "We close at six." Not "we're open until six." If you think about it, there is a difference in the way people perceive that. We are supposed to be GONE by 6:00:01.
      Exactly.

I worked an extra shift today, because someone was sick. This will put me into overtime, but of course since we can't "get" overtime, I'll have to take time off the clock tomorrow (Yay! Longer lunch!). Anyway .....

We close at 10pm. We are expected to be punched out and out the door by 10:05 at the LATEST!!!! A guy comes in at 9:57 with a stack of photos a good 2 inches thick. He wants them scanned and copies made. To scan all those photos and print them will take at LEAST 25 minutes. Ummmm no. Not only because we have to get the heck outta here at 10, but also because I'm working an extra shift ... I ain't exactly inclined to volunteer to stay later

Comment

Not unless you think about how most places offer 1-hour developing, and then the little shit shows up 3 minutes before closing and expects you to be there an HOUR later to get his pics developed. Unless he would say that he will pick them up tomorrow afternoon, giving you time to get them developed before then the next day.

But whenever I needed photos developed, I came in during the AFTERNOON, with plenty of hours before closing time!

Comment

Working...
        X