Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, you have no idea what a nightmare it's been for us to get health insurance at my work. The two main families, my family and my uncle's, has an insane amount of health issues, and we have an employee with M.S, so I'm surprised my father didn't get so pissed off.

My mother has hypothyroidism, celiac disease, and constant migraines. I have something long that is just a fancy way of saying I have pain in my jaw, arthritis in my ankle from a car accident, mood disorder nos (they're testing for bipolar) anxiety and panic disorder, and mild allergies. My sister has moderate allergies. My dad's spine is curved.

I know little about my uncle and cousins, except that my aunt had a stroke, my cousin has hemophilia, and my other cousin is about to get a gallbladder removed, and has allergies so severe he gets shots once a week.

In fact, right now my mother got a message that the insurance we're trying to get got my records, and now wants hers because in my records, it says she has celiac disease. They almost rejected me flat out until they heard the pain in my ankle is related only to the car accident, and I wasn't going to become a giant mass of pain.

So insurance is a bit of a touchy issue with my father.

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
      Or just log into Facebook for long enough.
      Or Yahoo. Of course, Yahoo is proof that not all change is good. Change for its own sake is seldom a good idea.

Comment

Quoth Cooper View Post
        Our lake has two major ecosystem-problems. Eurasian milfoil, and this creature--whose name I cannot recall--where if you step on it, it will cut you. Neither one are indigenous.
        Zebra mussels?

Quoth mikoyan29 View Post
        Based on my visit to the fishery at the Hydropower Center at the Soo, I believe there are pesticides they can make for specific fish. They've been using one that targets the lamprey, I believe.
        That may be a special case. Lampreys are a much more primitive lifeform than other fish (i.e. on a far branch of the family tree), so it would be easier to make a pesticide that would kill them but not other fish. If it were possible to do that for ANY fish, I'm sure that someone would have done it for the Asian carp that are only a couple miles from the Great Lakes.
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Zebra Mussels, yes. My work actually tracked the spread of them throughout the lake, and reported them to the DNR.

Comment

Quoth RichS View Post
            Easy way to prove-try to change something technology-wise in a company that was in use for a long time, even if the new tech is better...and watch the complaints begin!
            OMG is this true. It doesn't even have to be technology! I can remember when we had to fill out certain forms on paper, years ago, and management added another thing that had to be checked off. Literally, that's all it was...checking an additional box. Such whining and complaining you have never heard. "Well we never had to do that before!" and similar stupid gripes, all over ONE additional stroke of the pen.
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Had a regular customer yesterday mention changes in her workplace with all the new insurance stuff and the guy behind her went off on a political rant. He tried to continue the rant with me and I just rang him up to got him out of there. I could give ya my own rant buddy but it would get me fired.
              I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

Quoth ADeMartino View Post
                Change for its own sake is seldom a good idea.
                Anybody looked at the Google home page in the last couple days?

I WANT MY NAV BAR BACK!

Comment

Only issue I have with google's recent changes is if I finish with google maps, and I hit the logo to go back to normal google, it doesn't work now.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                    Pick a group, any group of people. 90% of them are okay. 5% are some of the most wonderful people you'll ever meet. And the remaining 5% are ignorant, obnoxious jackasses who get all of the attention and make the rest of the group look bad.
                    Yeah, that about sums it up nicely.
                    I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Working...
                    X