Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tried to find this one old Ray Stevens song about how he won't be home for Christmas but I can't find it on Youtube anymore.
    My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Quoth Tama View Post
      I've started buying and wrapping gifts already, but you know what I did? I went into the greeting card section and bought a roll of wrapping paper from there. So a bunch of presents at our house already are and more will likely be wrapped in SOLID BLACK.
      Oh, good. I'm glad that I'm not the only who has started -- then again, I make most of the things I give.

Irv, I've got you beat. People have been asking for Christmas trees since Jan.
      Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

Plastic ones, I hope? Otherwise...

Comment

Not Christmas related, but stores over here begin pushing kids' winter clothing and shoes already in August. Yes, I repeat, AUGUST.
          A theory states that if anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for, it will be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

Another theory states that this has already happened.

Comment

Tama - ditto. A bunch of his other XMAS songs, yes, but not that one. It's from "Through a Different Window", circa 1997
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Android Kaeli View Post
              Oh, good. I'm glad that I'm not the only who has started...
              It's almost too late to bake a proper fruitcake...

... to give this year ... now, for next year ...
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I just like to get a big pile of loot so everyone gets all happy about their pile.
                My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                  Well..ya know, if you still like the older strips, they've been putting out compilations of ALL of the old strips -- from the beginning -- every six months for the better part of a decade now (roughly 2 years' worth of comics per book) ^_^ I need to catch up on mine, speaking of which...>_>
                  I've been getting all of mine from Amazon (I got them all so far with this month's edition on pre-order which will finish the 1980s); it's just like the 50 state quarters program!

And at long last (and I was hoping and praying they'd do this) this November will come out the first "Peanuts Every Sunday" where they will start doing all Sunday strips (each volume is half a decade) in the original full colors!

Comment

Best one I ever did was day of...

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                      It's almost too late to bake a proper fruitcake...

... to give this year ... now, for next year ...
                      But early enough to make one for the year 2014 at least.
                      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Not Christmas related so much as fashion related, but fashion being a season or two ahead just drives me bananas.

BTS in the middle of June depresses me because it's NOT fall yet, and it saddens me when I can't wear my new spring/summer clothes during a year like this one where winter didn't go away until MAY.
                        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

For me, it's not Christmas until it's OVER. I want to celebrate Christmas on December 26 or 27, when all the shit everyone went crazy over on the 24th is now 50 percent off, and you can save some BIG money that way!

Comment

I work at a Big Box hardware store, and I even I get irritated by how fast the stuff goes up. I even asked my boss if we had a stand and an aluminum pole to celebrate Festivus. Check this out though... Halloween is only 3 weeks away, and they have some Halloween stuff on clearance.

Comment

We have Christmas cards out already and today I was working by them when a customer came up and made a comment it. Then she picked up a few boxes and looked at them. We also have candy canes, lights and popcorn tins out. I guess I've been at this so long that it doesn't even phase me anymore.
                              I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

Working...
                              X