Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This policy has been in place for awhile now and they have been advertising it. Just now they're advertising it more. I'm so glad my friend got out of there before all this hit. The coorperate suits don't care about the inevitable crap the front line employees are going to get hit with. I'm not even sure they care about the money it's going to lose. Maybe they're trying to go bankrupt?
    I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

not just the out of inventory for x years, not sold, etc. but used in the most horrific manner known to mankind. i'm glad i never applied there.
      look! it's ghengis khan!
      Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

I'd like to know how they are going to know for sure if something was bought there if people don't have the receipt and the tags are gone. Not only that, but if it is no longer in the store, how are they going to determine how much money to give the customer?

I wonder if they have any way of preventing customers from taking advantage of the policy. What if someone needs a suit to wear to one event? Or how about if they purchase a patio set and return it at the end of the summer?

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
          They also accept returns on underwear. Just sayin'....take that any way you want to...
          But...I only bought these for my honeymoon. I don't need them anymore.
          Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
          http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

Comment

Quoth Darkforge View Post
            I bet a lot of you in retail were wishing you were over here in England. I've never heard of anyone being able to return something without the receipt and when an item is returned they mark the receipt to show it has been refunded.
            I love my country, but I hate its corporate culture! It does seem as though businesses in Europe don't tolerate anywhere near the bullshit that ours do!

Quoth MoonCat View Post
            One of my sisters works there. They do indeed accept returns without receipt. The other day she told me there was a pair of men's shoes in the Returns bins, covered with mud (the shoes, not the bin!) Yep, they had to take them back.

They also accept returns on underwear. Just sayin'....take that any way you want to...
            This part would worry me the most. I hope they at least provide rubber gloves!

Quoth jedimaster91 View Post
            The coorperate suits don't care about the inevitable crap the front line employees are going to get hit with. I'm not even sure they care about the money it's going to lose. Maybe they're trying to go bankrupt?
            It's not like it comes out of their pockets. They'll just cut hours and benefits from the front-line workers.
            Steven Slater ROCKS! So does James Jones!

The world is an asshole contest...and EVERYONE'S A WINNER!

Comment

I literally screamed when I saw that commercial and my roommate came down the stairs to see what was wrong. When she saw my face she thought I'd amputated a finger or something. I said, "No, L...you work there. You...you work there." I pointed at the TV like "They" were back her face just kinda got this strange dead look as if she was about to go throw herself out the upstairs window.

She didn't come out of her room for the rest of the night. Fortunately she's still alive...but I pity her. I really do.

Comment

What stops someone from picking up a shirt and walking to the front and asking to return it?? Oh man, what IDIOT thought of that!? I agree, I feel sooo freaking bad for those employees. It's going to make a BIG bang when they have to hear: But, aren't the customers always right? Who ever thought of this should be shot along with the douche bag who though of "the customer is always right."

Comment

Ughh..No..

I kinda wanna be around on the day after Xmas to see how well this works out. :/

Comment

I don't really see the suck for the front line employees here. Most of the time, it's the suck that you get from the customer when you say no from following the policy. Or the suck from watching them complain about you to a spineless manager who overrides the policy. If the policy is to give out the company's money to every scammer and sob story, then so be it.

Comment

SC:"I'd like to return this jug of milk."
                      EMP:"What's wrong with it?"
                      SC:"I finished it."

OMG were you at my store yesterday. I had that convo with a customer.

She wanted to return it b/c it didnt last as long as normal so she swore there had to be less in it.

Comment

Working...
                      X