This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In defense againt a Sucky Customer

I was on my way to pick up a car when I decided to make a quick stop at the local Suckys (I' don't work there, and could use the real name, but can't resist the opportunity to make a relatively low brow joke) to pick up some caffeine. There were two registers open, which was a good thing, because the one register was being held up by Douche Bag, talking on his phone, while the clerk was standing there waiting for him to pay up. I got into the second line, which moved fairly quickly, and as I got up to the register, Douche Bag ended his very important call about mustache waxing to finally pay for his items and fuel.

Douche Bag; "I'd like to get a free car wash."

Clerk; "I'm sorry, we do not give out free car washes. You can get one at a discounted price."

Douche Bag; "I fuel here all the time, I have an account. I'd like to get a free car wash!"

Clerk; "I can't. To get a code for the carwash, you need to buy it."

Douche Bag; "Well can I at least get my fuel discount?"

Clerk; "You have already fueled without using your business card. (he was paying cash from what I can tell)

Now by this point, I had already paid for my items, and was leaving. It was the next line out of el jerkwad that got me involved.

Douche Bag; "I'm never going to spend another dime in this place! I want to talk to the manager!!"

My hand was on the door, but that line made me instantly think of all the times I've had some self-important piece of trash give me hell while a cashier, not to mention all the stories I've read here on this site. I turned around and walked back up to the counter. I feel a little sorry for the female clerk who had rung me up. Here she is, having one customer being a blow hard, and seeing a 6'2" bald man suddenly turning around and approach the counter with none too friendly of an expression on his face.

Douche Bag; "I want your manager here now, and I'm going to tell him a bad cashier you are!"

I slammed down my hand on the counter "And I will defend him!" Yes, I actually said that.

Douche Bag took a step back, and even his chew toy arm candy stepped behind him. I'm a real nice guy and all, but I know how to use my size when need be. The manager walked up to us and asked Douche Bag what the problem was.

Douche Bag pointed at the clerk. "He is not helping me."

Me. "That's not true, this guy is being a jerk, and your man is doing his job."

Douche Bag; "No, no."

I noticed at this time that the manager is not looking at me, or even acknowledging my existence. I really wanted to continue helping the clerk, but I could tell that my words were going to do very little. That and I had my own job to do. Shaking my head I went to leave, and glanced back as I opened the door. The female clerk mouthed "Thank You". I nodded in return.

I have decided, that from now on, if I see a sucky customer in action, and have enough of the story to know that said customer is being sucky, I will do my best to defend that service person like I wish someone would have stuck up for me on countless occasions. Maybe if we start calling people on their rude behavior, we can get less of that behavior.
    Freedom is the right of all sentient beings. Stupidity isn't.

awesome work there; too bad the manager was a total dumbass and was siding with the douche...
    look! it's ghengis khan!
    Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth chainedbarista View Post
      manager was a total dumbass
      to paraphrase Mark Twain... there is no reason for you to have to repeat yourself
      If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Grimlock.....you're awesome. Serously,you rock That's something I would love to do,but the opportunity never comes up.

Comment

Some advice for next time. Wait until the SC makes the complaint, and unless it's necessary to keep the manager from doing something uninformed right there, wait until the SC is gone and then take the manager aside to let them know how full of shit the SC really was.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Damn, too bad the manager was a numbskull. Way to go for defending that cashier from that douchebag!
            I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
            Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
            Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Working...
            X