This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth poofy_puff View Post
    Anyone ever get a nasty note or a stink-eye from the wet-laundry person for taking their stuff out of the machine?
    Yes, but I have an extremely thick skin and a low tolerance for EWs. Glare all you like, mutter under your breath, I'll stand there and smile in your face because it doesn't bother me in the least.

I also knew that if they decided to try and challenge me over it, I'd invite them to present their complaint before our 1st Shirt. One does not lightly call upon the 1st Sergeant. Annoying them with trivialities like laundry room etiquette was likely to get us both punished, so I knew they'd never call me on it.

Not so sure I'd try this tactic in a civilian laundry room. Too many unsecured loonies running around.
    Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

I lived in an apartment building with 6 apartments and a laundry room with 1 washer and 1 dryer. For the most part, we were all pretty good about working together to make sure everybody got their turn. Then the neighbor from Hell moved in. She would leave all of her laundry in the laundry room without starting the washer or dryer. Since the laundry room was off the garage, I would just move her stuff out into the garage and take over. One time I fould that the same load of rugs was still laying in the washer that had been there when I left for work that morning. I just put them on top of the dryer and started my stuff. After she was evicted, a new tenant moved into that same apartment. I once went to do my laundry and found the dryer full of sheets and towels. I put them on top of the dryer and took care of all of my laundry. Left them there when I got done. When I went the next week to do my laundry that stuff was still on top of the dryer. That's when I decided that I would not inconvenience myself trying to work around them. I dropped the whole pile on the garage floor and started my stuff. When I came back to start my second load, they were still on the floor. When I came back for my next load, they were gone. I really hoped the owner of that stuff would have said something to me because they would have gotten a crash course on being considerate of your fellow tenants.
      "I guess they see another cash cow just waiting to be dry humped." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

I detest doing laundry, so I don't..LOL. My fiance does our laundry and most of the housework. I do the biggest share of the cooking. It is only fair because he works only 15 to 20 hours a week and I work 40 hours a week and go to school part time, plus homework. It works for us, sometimes he complains but I ignore him or remind him of my schedule and he stops complaining, besides he gets damn good food!

Comment

Quoth jnd4rusty View Post
          I detest doing laundry, so I don't..LOL. My fiance does our laundry and most of the housework. I do the biggest share of the cooking. It is only fair because he works only 15 to 20 hours a week and I work 40 hours a week and go to school part time, plus homework. It works for us, sometimes he complains but I ignore him or remind him of my schedule and he stops complaining, besides he gets damn good food!
          I envy you. My husband has a 45-hour work week, regular hours. I have 11 hours a week of class, 25 hours of work, and am supposed to be practicing my music two to four hours a day (so a minimum of 14 hours there), plus homework. He just doesn't get why I keep nagging him for a fair split on the household chores. It took me over a year to figure out he wasn't counting practice and homework time because he never saw me doing them, so he was comparing 45 hours to 36 hours and assuming I had more free time.

I eventually had to stressing myself out trying to keep up with all the chores and just do the necessary ones (kitchen, bathroom, laundry) and the apartment is kind of in the "one of these days I'm going to break an ankle tripping over something" stage now.

Back on topic, my neighbors are quite happy to pull laundry out of the drier and dump it on the table if you leave it in past the timer. (It's roughly half an hour for both washer and drier. We have laundromat-quality equipment down there.) After one incident where someone threw all three dryers into one pile, and I had to separate my work clothes out from someone's bras and undershirts, I started leaving my baskets on top of the dryers. That seems to work, and if my clothes have been moved, they're in the baskets rather than mixed on the table.
          It's little things that make the difference between 'enjoyable', 'tolerable', and 'gimme a spoon, I'm digging an escape tunnel'.

Comment

... and don't forget the fun of people stealing your laundry...

the only bras I actually ever spent good money on were both stolen out of my laundry (same complex, different times), and knowing the other people that lived in the complex?

Those suckers were either hanging off them or so tight they left dents... hawt!

<grin>

Comment

I have had my own laundry in either my unit or my house since 1988, I will *never* go back to not having my own laundry in my residence. I do admit that mrDrone takes the huge things [comforters] to a laundromat a few times a year, mainly because they are too large for the washer/dryer we currently have. When we move, I am getting the lovely front loading high efficiency ones that I have been lusting over for a couple years. We only have a tiny space for laundry so we have the stacked apartment size =(
              EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth Blade View Post
                ... and don't forget the fun of people stealing your laundry...

the only bras I actually ever spent good money on were both stolen out of my laundry (same complex, different times), and knowing the other people that lived in the complex?

<grin>
                Fold them neatly so the hooks are on the inside and put them inside a nylon knee high (1 bra per nylon), then knot the knee high so you can just pull to open it and toss it in your wash. Because they can't see it is a nice bra, it doesnt get stolen, and because the kneehigh protects it, it doesn't get damaged. I take mine out of the nylon after they are done with the dryer actually,

Comment

Working...
                X