Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Chinese restaurant guy just owned a SC.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth TheMike View Post
    I saw one guy who had enough soy sauce to turn the food dark brown then proceed to dose the whole plate in salt... I nearly puked
    omg. wtf? what is he a sodium addict? maybe someone should buy him a deer lick.

i mean hell, growing up mom had a really good recipe for flank steak that called for both soy sauce and salt. Mom's version: drop the salt and use lite (lower sodium) soy sauce.

and i'm reminded of the story i heard about while i was in japan (might have been on the news but i don't remember fully). a man had come home, so thirsty that he grabbed the first bottle of drink he could find and downed it before he realized it was soy sauce. supposedly he ingested enough sodium to die. (basically death from salt-water)

Comment

My brother has a friend who has a deer lick, it's super gross. He shares it with his cats.
      Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
      http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

Comment

1) That restaurant owner is beyond awesome.

2) I pity that child. (also, Subway, OM NOM NOM)

I once saw a coworker of mine put salt on a cup o'noodles. *gag* I rarely salt my food after it's cooked, and only use a bit when I'm cooking it. My MIL salts everything, she salts KFC chicken, and all Chinese food. Though I mainly blame that on her being a smoker.
        “Bad taste creates many more millionaires than good taste.”

-Charles Bukowski

Comment

Quoth Muses_nightmare View Post
          1) That restaurant owner is beyond awesome.

2) I pity that child. (also, Subway, OM NOM NOM)

I once saw a coworker of mine put salt on a cup o'noodles. *gag* I rarely salt my food after it's cooked, and only use a bit when I'm cooking it. My MIL salts everything, she salts KFC chicken, and all Chinese food. Though I mainly blame that on her being a smoker.
          I just channel surfed past some cooking show, where they were cooking something that had pepperoni already sauteed up and in whatever they were cooking, the lady turfed in a cup or two of chopped celery and then said something about sauteing it up in the pepperoni grease left in the pan, and that celery was bland and to go ahead and season it again, she tossed in a huge pinch of salt and a few grinds of pepper

For the love of god, there is so much salt already in pepperoni all it should have needed was pepper and perhaps garlic or some herbs depending on the end recipe ... I wish cooking shows would actually TASTE stuff before tossing in yet another addition of salt.

i swear, some times it tastes like the cooks are rampant salt monsters.
          EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Dunno, my boyfriend needs to have a high sodium diet and can drink even seawater without finding it too salty. But pouring enough salt and soy sauce on food to make it nearly inedible to a normal person is just disgusting.
            Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

smoking: that's a possibility.
              one of my ex boyfriends said his dad had killed off his taste buds that way and had to use a ton of heavy spices on his food. or at least that's how the guy explained it.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                smoking: that's a possibility.
                one of my ex boyfriends said his dad had killed off his taste buds that way and had to use a ton of heavy spices on his food. or at least that's how the guy explained it.
                They're not dead, just anesthetized. I've heard stories of ex-smokers who suddenly found that everything tasted . . . more. Like they'd just sprinkled on a pinch of Eversomuch Moreso. (Damn, where'd that memory come from, I haven't read that book in 35 years.)

Comment

Hehe, I like that owner.

Off topic I was with my brother in law when he was tossed out of a Chinese 'all you can eat' place. He was a bottomless pit, and after four hours he was told "You've been here four hours, were closed, leave." (Not in those words though lol). I thought it was funny as heck.
                  Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

The hubster has a 'salt my food' reflex thanks to growing up with his parents' exceedingly bland cooking. But I've pretty much cured him of that by putting little to no salt in anything I cook. Which I need to do now anyway for myself (damned hypertension).

It doesn't help that he apparently chewed on a battery when he was 3 or 4 and got battery acid on his tongue. It messed up his tastebuds bizarrely. Figuring out the puzzle of how his tastebuds react to various substances was like playing Myst for the first time. The man can TASTE beta-carotene so strongly that he can't eat most vegetables without gagging. He also has an acute sensitivity to iron, and pretty much can only get it from meat because things like spinach and broccoli taste horrible to him. It's been a serious challenge figuring out how to get him the nutrients he needs and still have him want to eat the food.
                    What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
                      Hehe, I like that owner.

Off topic I was with my brother in law when he was tossed out of a Chinese 'all you can eat' place. He was a bottomless pit, and after four hours he was told "You've been here four hours, were closed, leave." (Not in those words though lol). I thought it was funny as heck.
                      my mom got that once... kinda. the server was pretty much glaring at her for getting more food, as if mom had gotten tons of plates. sadly mom had gotten maybe 3 plates, 4 tops, and they'd all been lightly filled.

Comment

I've never experienced that - and I've been to Chinese buffets a lot.

But OTOH Chinese restaurants over here are known to mix scrambled eggs into the rice and/or noodles bowls in order to get patrons to feel full quickly. So when I choose to visit a Chinese buffet, I make sure to put a lot of veggies on my plate instead of rice (my local restaurant knows how to steam them just perfectly... oh nom nom)
                        A theory states that if anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for, it will be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

Another theory states that this has already happened.

Comment

I thought fried rice was supposed to have a scrambled egg in it.

Here is where I learnt how to make fried rice, except I remember it from when he posted it to Usenet, back in 1998. Unfortunately I think he X-No-Archived the post, but it's archived elsewhere than on Googgle. (http://will.mylanders.com/food/fried_rice1.php3 is one example. note the text differs slightly.)

Comment

Working...
                          X