This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth mathnerd View Post
    I still snicker every time I hear the phrase. I shared it with a few trucker friends and they all howled with laughter. It's so true.
    My dad would probably agree, as he's been a truck driver for 45+ years now.

Of course, he was out of the truck for about 7 years when he took a job in the terminal as a dispatcher. But then he got tired of that and went back out into the truck (around 2004.)

IIRC, it was his second day back in the truck (he drives for the Big Yellow E) and was waiting at the intersection to turn onto the road that takes him to the terminal after running his route for the day. He was in the eastbound lane waiting to turn left onto Main Rd and there was an older guy in a big Cadillac coming up in the lane next to him (on his right.)

Next thing Dad knew, he felt something hit the rear of his cab. He put the brakes on, got out and saw the Cadillac had hit the corner of his trailer!

He calls back to the terminal to report the accident and called 911 to wait on the police to get there, not moving his truck from the spot.

Cop arrived on scene a short time later, Dad tells him his side, the driver of the Cadillac told the officer he thought he was in the right turn lane!!!

Dude actually thought he was in the right hand turn lane when he hit the tail of Dad's trailer which was on the left of the Cadillac (and standing still.)

Three guesses as to who got wrote up for that accident . . .(and if you guessed the driver of the Cadillac you get a drink of your choice.)
    Last edited by DGoddessChardonnay; 10-01-2013, 08:55 PM.
    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
    X