Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I was hoping for a normal night last night. (Long)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was hoping for a normal night last night. (Long)

But instead this happened. We had our staff meeting at a restaurant kinda far away so we all carpooled. After the GM dropped me off at the hotel, this lady walks in.

SC: Can I get a key to my room?
    Me: Yes, what's your last name?
    SC: It's Black
    Me: Sorry I don't show any Blacks in the system. Are you sure this is your hotel?
    SC: Yes, I have a reservation.
    Me: I don't have you in our system.
    SC *Still not raising her voice* I'm livid. I wanna talk to your manager. I've spent thousands here in the past couple months.

I call GM since she couldn't have gotten far. I explain the situation and GM asks to talk to the SC. As I'm offering the SC the phone this happens.

SC: No, I will not talk to her over the phone. Face to face only.
    Me: I'm afraid that's not possible. The phone is fine.
    SC: No. Face to face only.

I hear my GM getting my attention on the receiver. I get on the phone again and GM tells me she'll be right over.

Me: GM is on her way back.
    SC: How long will it be?
    Me: I'm not sure.
    SC: Not acceptable. Give me a time estimate.
    Me: 10 minutes.

GM gets there and she says the same thing I've been saying. She asks who the SC made the reservation with. SC said it was with central reservations. GM asks if SC was sent an email. SC does not have access to that email. GM asks me to call central reservations. While I'm on the phone, I'm not really paying attention to what GM and SC are saying. C Res tells me there's no reservation for the SC. I tell GM this fact and she passes it on to SC. They talk some more and GM comes back and discretely calls the police. SC slips away and locks herself in the bathroom, then when we were distracted, slipped out. Cops show up and say they'll check the area. GM heads back out.

A couple hours later at 1am, I get a call from one of my guests that has been there a long time. They're complaining about someone keeps knocking on their door.

Me: *thinking I might know who this is* Can you describe the person?
    Guest: *Begins describing clothing*
    Me: *I cut him off immediately* I know exactly who you're talking about.
    Guest: Is that who the police were looking for earlier?
    Me: Yes, and I gotta call them back ASAP.

I call the police. After I'm done with them, I check on the situation between Guest and SC.

Guest: I need you to stop knocking on my door. It's 1am.
    SC: I'm trying to get into my room.
    Guest: This is not your room.

At this time his wife comes to check what's going on and their dog has gotten excited.

Guest *calling back to his wife* Police are on their way to deal with this. Can you help quiet [dog] down?
    SC makes some comments to Guest about how he's got his wife trained to be quiet and submissive.

Guest and I exchange confused looks. We again explain cops are on their way. SC goes and locks herself in the bathroom. This time I keep an eye out. SC leaves the bathroom and heads out the side door right next to the Guest's room. Cop shows up a few seconds later and I indicate which direction she went. Cop catches up with her and talks with the SC. He offers to drive the SC to another nearby hotel, but I make it clear to both the SC and the cop that the SC is no longer welcome at the hotel. SC didn't return the rest of my shift.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Sounds like a real nutcase.

Comment

Wait, wait, wait..... She tried to bully her way into an occupied room?! THAT'S some kinda balls right there. Did she really think that the occupants were just going to let her in?

Here whole attitude sounds too carefully calculated. When you couldn't find her reservation, she went straight to 'I'm livid'. She was EXPECTING your response - she didn't even wait for you to troubleshoot or look for an available room. I'm not sure exactly what her game was, but it was definitely a game.

Comment

We were sold out last night so it's not like we could do anything for her. I personally suspect her mind wasn't fully there.
        To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

She came back just now on my shift. She wanted to get a room, but I refused her service. I told her that because of what happened last time, that she disturbed our guests, that she not welcome here. Surprisingly, she took it well. Said "ok" and left.

Comment

Cop: Ma'am, we could drive you to another hotel not far from here. We offer a nice semi-private room complete with a bed, toilet and sink, plus room service. Frequent guests even get a free rectal exam when they upgrade to our "luxury suite".

Comment

Quoth NateTheChops View Post
              ... a bed, toilet and sink ...
              .. as an All-In-One unit, even!
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
              X