Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

People who knock things on the floor and leave them. RAGE.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People who knock things on the floor and leave them. RAGE.

I work on the sales floor at a large store and I see customers ALL the time who knock something on the floor and proceed to walk away and leave it for me to pick up. Mind you, I already have more than enough work on my plate as it is, straightening the entire large department, putting back a full cart of returns, running up to cashier, etc. Also, this job is ruining my knees, back, wrists, and feet. I don't need to crouch down or bend over more than I already do. And I get really steamed when I see people being this lazy and blatantly disrespectful. YOU knocked it off the shelf, bend your LAZY ASS over and pick it up! Last night there were some teenagers or early 20 kids who knocked a bottle on the floor. I went over and picked it up...it was right beside one of the guys and he just stepped aside a little and continued to text on his phone. Then they knocked over another item in a different aisle and didn't pick it up, just stood around laughing. I went into the middle of them and picked it up while saying, "Hmm, I'm PRETTY sure this wasn't here a minute ago when I walked past." They didn't have anything to say to that, I thought I heard a small "psh" sound. People are so g**damn LAZY and DISRESPECTFUL!

There was one very large woman who was riding an electric cart and kept knocking things over in every aisle. Her skinny boyfriend followed walking behind her and just stepped over or walked around everything she ran into and knock over. UNBELIEVABLE.

Also, it's the little things you don't even think about. Like when you pull eyeliner or mascara or a headband off of the pegs to examine and then, instead of hanging it back up, you leave it lying on the basedeck which is just above the floor. This causes me, who just made the aisle perfect, to have to bend down to pick it up. Quit making more work for others!! Think..."Gee, if I don't hang this stuff back up or pick up this item I dropped...someone else is going to have to do it." But then most people just don't give a damn.

I hate this, too. Why can't they hang it back on the peg? It's RIGHT THERE.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Or the person who sees a jacket hanging on a display rack, pulls it off the hanger, tries it on...and then hangs it on the end of the rack instead of putting it back on the damn hanger! I mean, is hanger technology beyond them?? The hanger is right there! (Worse yet are those who knock it to the floor and don't pick it up, but this one bugs me too....)
      I no longer fear HELL.
      I work in RETAIL.

Comment

I swear I spend more time resorting misfiled stuff when I go shopping than I do actually looking for what I went in for... I can't understand how people can do it & not feel like assholes, especially when it's something like abandoning frozen goods behind tinned ones!
        This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
        I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

I used to be a cashier at *big box retail*. On very rare occasions, they would have me zone and organize an area. I was once asked to zone the area of HBA where they have a bagillion different hair accessories. NEVER. AGAIN. I have never spent so much time on a few mere feet of space. People just toss everything at the bottom, or they hang it on a random hook.
          A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
            I can't understand how people can do it & not feel like assholes, especially when it's something like abandoning frozen goods behind tinned ones!
            Or meat in the freezer cases; it's never the cheap stuff either
            "I am quite confident that I do exist."
            "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Sounds like some of the people who come in the library......only it's mostly the parents who let their kids scatter books/magnets/puzzles pieces around the children's room, and leave the mess for staff to clean up.

Comment

Quoth Despina83 View Post
                I work on the sales floor at a large store and I see customers ALL the time who knock something on the floor and proceed to walk away and leave it for me to pick up. ...Also, it's the little things you don't even think about. Like when you pull eyeliner or mascara or a headband off of the pegs to examine and then, instead of hanging it back up, you leave it lying on the basedeck which is just above the floor.
                I totally feel your pain. Every closing time at the fabric store, we have to restock far too many items. Stuff people didn't want and gave to the cashier is one thing; but we always find stuff ditched where it isn't supposed to go: expensive craft supplies dumped in the dollar bins, notions all over the basedecks, and scores of various thingamajigs in the wrong departments. It always takes far too much extra time to find and put all these things back.

When I go shopping and decide I don't want something, I put it back where I got it from. What an amazingly novel idea!
                Last edited by XCashier; 09-28-2013, 03:56 PM.
                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                My LiveJournal
                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

We get that a lot with parents who let their kids run around the store and play with stuff. The worst is during the summer when they play with the balls and other toys and just leave them all over the store. Another favorite of mine is finding the teeny bopper magazines all over the store. Yup, showing my age now. Damn kids! Get off my lawn!
                  I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

When doing setup for the super center, I grew to hate working with anything cloth and really disliked toys. Clothing, people would pull off the hangers and just drop them on the floor. Or towels! Oh, I threatened to get a stapler for the towels, because we were required to fold them hotel style and keep them like that until the "grand opening." Yeah, the suits were smoking something and refusing to share... Needless to say, I kept the department manager snickering the entire time I did setup for the housewares soft-lines. (I realize people would need to unfold them to see the size, but they could at least shove them back onto the shelf!)

Toys and crafts were my next to least favorite sections for setting up. The suits were tense because "ZOMG OPENING" and everything had to be spotless.. in a store that was open 24/7 and was being renovated around the farking customers. Toys would never stay zoned. You could glue the boxes down to the shelf and the parents would pry them up to give 'em to junior to shut junior up for a few moments before junior would just drop it on the floor! That's if the parents were paying attention to their offspring in the first place. Unattended kids were there all the freaking time, opening boxes and playing with stuff!

Crafts got me irked because of the two most dreaded spills.. small beads and GLITTER. You can't get them all cleaned up, because they breed when released into the wild! The suits would have heart attacks when walking by crafts! I'd rather deal with broken glass than the little glass beads or glitter.
                    If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Instant telltale that I've worked in retail, even though it's been years: I pick stuff up and straighten it out on reflex. And I agree - what is so bloody difficult about putting things back where they came from?
                      Cheap, fast, good. Pick two.
                      They want us to read minds, I want read/write.

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
                        Or meat in the freezer cases; it's never the cheap stuff either
                        This one kills me...leaving cold items like meat in the freezer cases is going to ruin it just as much as leaving them out on a shelf next to the breakfast cereal. Equally bad to see frozen items left inside the soft drink cases next to the registers...they're not cold enough to keep frozen peas frozen!

And it seems like every time I go to Best Buy and browse the sadly-dwindling movie section, there are movies scattered all over the place in the incorrect sections, because people are too lazy to just take a quick look at it, and replace it on the shelf RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM WHERE THEY GOT IT. I always make sure, if I change my mind about a movie, to return it to the exact place where I found it.

Comment

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
                          This one kills me...leaving cold items like meat in the freezer cases is going to ruin it just as much as leaving them out on a shelf next to the breakfast cereal. Equally bad to see frozen items left inside the soft drink cases next to the registers...they're not cold enough to keep frozen peas frozen!
                          There are 3 basic categories in groceries: dry, refrigerated, and frozen. With the exception of MOST dry items (putting something with a high water content in a freezer produces interesting results - and in the case of soda pop, can "redecorate" the freezer), putting an unwanted item in the wrong temperature category can ruin it. When stuff gets "damaged out", it increases the prices for everyone to make up for the loss. If you're too lazy to put something in the right place, at least put it in the right category (you're in the aisle with ice cream one one side and bread on the other when you decide you don't want that frozen pizza? guess where it'll still be good even if it isn't noticed for a few hours).

With VERY few exceptions (such as bacon in the Kosher dairy coolers), so long as you hit the right temperature category it'll be a simple re-shop with no damage, even if it takes a few hours before the misplaced item is found.
                          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

I was chatting about this with one of the employees at WallyWorld when she told me she'd found a bottle of perfume in one of the freezers.
                            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                              If you're too lazy to put something in the right place, at least put it in the right category (you're in the aisle with ice cream one one side and bread on the other when you decide you don't want that frozen pizza? guess where it'll still be good even if it isn't noticed for a few hours).
                              But that requires brain cells. I've been known to return improperly-ditched perishables in other stores. So far, I haven't found bacon in with Kosher--our mystery ditchers probably know that whoever stocks that cooler (along with most of us and probably a few customers) would beat the shit out of them.

Last night I found a bag of our wonderful roasted chicken wings in with the ice cream (on the other side of the store) Dammit, I was going to buy those. Putting meat in with frozen takes some amount of thought in terms of ditching (I might be able to excuse ditching a steak on top of ice cream, but behind?!). Every so often I wish we could be able to use the store cameras to figure out who's doing this...we might not be able to ban them, but the meat and seafood guys could probably scare them into paying for everything they ruin.
                              Last edited by Dreamstalker; 09-29-2013, 01:50 PM.
                              "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                              "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
                              X