Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Run Run as Fast as You Can! Can't Tow Me! I'm the Gingerbread Man!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Run Run as Fast as You Can! Can't Tow Me! I'm the Gingerbread Man!

I've seen notes before

I've seen them on the pages of sheet music

I've seen them in the margins of textbooks

I've seen them stuck to doors

And as you all know, I've seen them inside illegally parked cars begging, cajoling, pleading or defiantly demanding we not tow said illegally parked car, because the note-leaver is sure their level-headed rationale for illegally parking, if patiently explained, would convince even the coldest cold-hearted cynic that they were totally right in exempting themselves from the general rules of society.

After a while, you think you've seen every "flavor" of note. Well, there's a hot new product in town, saw it for the first time last night. It said:

"Call XXX-XXXX if this is your space, I'll be here faster than the towing company!"

Tisk tisk

You shouldn't make promises you can't keep, it's not nice.

We had the car impounded for about 2 hours before the owner realized it was MIA and called us. The evening supervisor, Yup, picked up the phone, *and put it on speaker so we all could get a good laugh* and in his ever-laconic fashion told the caller:

"Yup, we have it, ya' weren't fast enough"
    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

There was one apt building I lived in where we left notes on the offending vehicle, telling our neighbor that their guests shouldn't park in our spot unless they wanted towed. Since people ignored the notes, we started calling the tow company. Sure we could've been nice and knocked on their door, but why should we? Jerks knew they were parking illegally and we had a hell of a time parking a huge station wagon on the street, where parking was at a prime.
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Aww, that's not fair! For all we know the person who called the tow didn't call the idiot to prove the point.

Of course, it is rather stupid to taunt the owner of the spot. I'd have read the note, called the tow, watched the car be removed and then called the idiot. I'd grab a bowl of popcorn and watch him try to beat the tow truck. Cheap enough entertainment for me
      If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Am I the only one who is insanely jealous of Argabarga's job? I long for some of that power!!

Comment

Ugh no way. The win's would be worth it maybe, but all the other BS that goes with that job? I'd strangle someone before the end of my first week.

Comment

Quoth raudf View Post
            I'd have read the note, called the tow, watched the car be removed and then called the idiot. I'd grab a bowl of popcorn and watch him try to beat the tow truck. Cheap enough entertainment for me
            My evil side approves.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
            Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth alogram View Post
              Am I the only one who is insanely jealous of Argabarga's job? I long for some of that power!!
              Quoth Skarredmind View Post
              Ugh no way. The win's would be worth it maybe, but all the other BS that goes with that job? I'd strangle someone before the end of my first week.
              I can see both sides. The wins would kick ass, but I'm sure Arga's been threatened physically far too many times. I wonder if he carries pepper spray or a gun.

PS: love the thread title! Now I'm wanting to make gingerbread cookies...
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                I wonder if he carries pepper spray or a gun.
                Nope, Expressly forbidden by company rules.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                  I wonder if he carries pepper spray or a gun.
                  Quoth Argabarga View Post
                  Nope, Expressly forbidden by company rules.
                  Considering what he does, I'm sure he has a suitable selection of tire irons at hand. Not that he would use them on anything but a tire.
                  "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Never being more than an arms reach from a 2'' steel bar has it's advantages

Comment

Am I the only one who heard this in lord faarquads voice?
                      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Oh gawd, it wasn't just me!!!
                        Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Oh, Argabarga. Once again, your posts make me smile. If I wasn't tied to the Midwest I'd skedaddle right out there and work for y'all!

Comment

Working...
                          X