This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is why Christmas creep happens

Customer: (in the seasonal area cram-packed full of Christmas decorations and shit) Where is your Christmas wrapping paper and bows?

Me: We haven't gotten it in yet. It won't be out until after Halloween.

Customer: You have all this other stuff out already and not wrapping paper? That's pretty stupid. (walks away)

No, it's not a ruined Christmas, but I'm off to a pretty good start.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

We're getting it too, Irv. I've had loads of people ask me if we have tissue paper for gift wrapping. Despite the fact that we do have Christmas fabric and decorations out already, we don't have much in the way of wrap. And customers just can't wrap ( ) their heads around that fact. "Why don't you have it yet?!" Um, because it's still September?!
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

What's the record for earliest ruining Christmas? Just wondering.
      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
        What's the record for earliest ruining Christmas? Just wondering.
        I'm guessing December 26th of the previous year because some people will do their shopping for the next Christmas with the sales from the previous Christmas.....

I guess I'm old school but for me Christmas doesn't start until the day after Thanksgiving.

Comment

I'll give you half a point for that one, Irv.
          "Redheads have at least a 95% chance of being gorgeous. They're also concentrated evil." - Irv

"This is all strange, uncharted territory and your hamster only has three legs." - Gravekeeper

Comment

My Dad got asked today if his store had Christmas paper in yet.
            Final Fantasy XIV - Acorna Starfall - Ragnarok (EU Legacy)

Comment

Quoth mikoyan29 View Post
              I'm guessing December 26th of the previous year because some people will do their shopping for the next Christmas with the sales from the previous Christmas.....

I guess I'm old school but for me Christmas doesn't start until the day after Thanksgiving.
              For me, it's not Christmas season until I hear the Peanuts gang shout, "Merry Christmas, Charlie Brown!"

And even then, only if it's DECEMBER.
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I've started buying and wrapping gifts already, but you know what I did? I went into the greeting card section and bought a roll of wrapping paper from there. So a bunch of presents at our house already are and more will likely be wrapped in SOLID BLACK.
                My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

I've been known to wrap presents with newspaper
                  Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                    I've been known to wrap presents with newspaper
                    Sunday colour cartoons section, if I can.

... why yes, me too.
                    Seshat's self-help guide:
                    1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                    2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                    3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                    4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

There's stores over here that have had Xmas goodies out for more than a month already...
                      This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                      I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

I did that for a while but it got my hands all dirty...I wish I had the patience for it.
                        My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Quoth Tama View Post
                          I did that for a while but it got my hands all dirty...I wish I had the patience for it.
                          Er....which activity are you referring to here
                          The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth mikoyan29 View Post
                            I'm guessing December 26th of the previous year because some people will do their shopping for the next Christmas with the sales from the previous Christmas...
                            Yep. I've posted this before when I had an SC on December 26th complaining that we didn't have some Christmas table decorations that had sold out 3 weeks before Christmas, so we had ruined their Christmas, meaning in 364 days time. It was funny that the customers around this SC started laughing at the stupid woman getting upset.

Comment

oz - That's gotta be some kind of new record. Excellent work!

Now we just gotta start working on the next record -- pre-emptively spoiling future Christmases that are more than a year away...
                              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
                              X