This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wherein the paperboy takes a swing at my dog. :-(

4AM. I wake up to a 75lb dog on my chest licking my face. I have to be up in 2.5 hours to go to work. That's his way of telling me "Get up! I need to go out!" I let him out, and the paperboy is delivering the paper to the building across from us. Mogli glances at him, but otherwise doesn't pay attention to him, until the paper boy starts calling to him. I don't mind, except I'm standing outside in my boxers in sub freezing temperatures, and convincing him to come back inside will now be hard.

Paperboy: tch tch tch! Doggy! Doggy!
    *Mogli walks up to him, tail wagging so hard, he can barely walk*
    *Paperboy waits for Mogli to get close, then swings at him with one of the papers in his hand, using the plastic bag for more leverage.*
    *Mogli tucks his tail between his legs and runs past me and to the door, whimpering the entire way*

I'm too asleep to process what happened until about 45 seconds after being back inside. I called the newspaper at 8 and filed a complaint about him. The lady on the other end of the phone was speechless.

For those not in the know, we rescued Mogli from a shelter. He shows signs of abuse from a male figure in his past. When we got him, he weighed 39 lbs. He's now a healthy 75 lbs, and is happy as ever. At least 1) his prior abuse taught him to run away and duck incoming blows, 2) he doesn't seem to be affected negatively. there was an air conditioner guy this morning by the dumpster this morning he wanted desperately wanted to go say hi to.

...If I see that paperboy around here again, he's going to get the Sunday paper upside the head. see how he likes it. >:-O
    Coworker: Distro of choice?
    Me: Gentoo.
    Coworker: Ahh. A Masochist. I thought so.

Quoth Midorikawa View Post
    ...If I see that paperboy around here again, he's going to get the Sunday paper upside the head. see how he likes it. >:-O
    Motion seconded. It sure sounds like he called him for the express purpose of taking a swat at him.
    A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F.....

Comment

Put a rock in the paper.

People who mistreat animals are scum.
      "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

I agree with Freddie.

Yeah, yeah, I know, we don't want to condone violence. Tell that to the dog. I'm glad you called in the complaint. If he'll do it to your dog, he'll do it to others.

Give the dog a big hug from me!
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

How about when you see him coming, you get dressed, prep your hose, and as he's leaving after delivering your paper... Hose him down Then tell him "Call my FORMERLY-ABUSED RESCUE dog over to swing at him again, and you get hit with WORSE than ice-cold hose water!"

-Sends some oranges for Mogli-
          Look, a signature!

If every cashier in the world went on strike, retail would come to a screeching halt, even if for a couple hours.

Comment

Quoth ThirdGenRetail View Post
            How about when you see him coming, you get dressed, prep your hose, and as he's leaving after delivering your paper... Hose him down Then tell him "Call my FORMERLY-ABUSED RESCUE dog over to swing at him again, and you get hit with WORSE than ice-cold hose water!"

-Sends some oranges for Mogli-
            I actually don't get the paper. I live in a condo complex, and my upstairs neighbor, and some people in the building across from us (there's a grassy courtyard type thing between my building and across from us.) Makes for a great play area for all of the dogs.

Between the 4 units in my building, and the 4 across from us, there's 5 dogs, including my puppy. I ESPECIALLY don't want this guy abusing other dogs in the area, most of which are under 6 months old. I don't have a hose, since I don't really need one. I do, however, have the ability to call the police on him for animal abuse, and I will next time he tries something of the sort.

Comment

Pardon my French, but fuck that. If someone ever tried to hit my kitties...I'd go after their ass. That is, I'd find the thickest issue of Classic & SportsCar (possibly the all-Ferrari one of awhile back. Good issue, BTW) and beat the shit out of them with it. There's simply no excuse for that, and hopefully, the next dog will, um...rip him a new one.
              Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

You know what businesses are really on the ropes right now? Magazines and newspapers. In fact, if you quit paying on some subscriptions, they will STILL send them to you, just so they won't have to tell their advertisers their subscriber numbers are going down.

First off, call the police and report that. Animal abuse is illegal in many states.

Second, call the paper, tell them you called the police about their paperboy. Then tell them they can either have someone else deliver your paper or you are cancelling because you don't want someone like on your property.

They might actually quit delivering it, so don't make that threat unless you are willing to do without a paper. But trust me, it will hurt them worse than it will hurt you.

Comment

I would let all the neighbors know what this sick fuck did. Tell them to call and complain too.

Comment

yah, fuck hitting this shitstain with a paper; i'd want his blood. i've run two little bratlings off my property for hosing down my dogs (who were on leads and couldn't escape these little shits). going to cry to mommy and daddy? good, i want their blood too, for raising you little shits.

bot: i'm beginning to think that mowgli needs a bodyguard, since this is the second abuser that has come after him.
                    look! it's ghengis khan!
                    Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth chainedbarista View Post
                      bot: i'm beginning to think that mowgli needs a bodyguard, since this is the second abuser that has come after him.
                      Third, including the pitbull the second week we had him. I apparently need to just start packing heat when I let him out in the middle of the night. :-/

Comment

Paperboy is a dead man. Please don't tell me where you live because I WILL get there somehow and hurt him.

My husband lost a dog when he was 10, because some asshole roadworkers decided to wave sandwiches at his dog when they were playing in the yard and the dog ran across the road. He almost made it, too. A 10-year-old boy had to watch his dog get smoked by a car right in the middle of the street.

I have about as much tolerance for the abuse of animals as I do for the abuse of people. As in, less than none at all, and I am furious at the moment. I'm so glad your dog is okay, and I hope that karma balances that paperboy in a very painful way.
                        What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

I do, however, have the ability to call the police on him for animal abuse, and I will next time he tries something of the sort.
                          Don't wait. File a complaint now. He will probably get a slap on the wrist. That way, the next time he does it, his ass is in jail.
                          Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                          Save the Ales!
                          Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Gee, it takes a special kind of psychopath (as in "you're going to see him on the news some day surrounded by human bones and snacking on dead women's vulvas") to call a dog over just to want to hurt it.
                            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Psychopath is the right word.

People who hurt animals are likely to hurt humans.
                              They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Working...
                              X