This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A stupid kid at McDonalds from this summer

See, I have this superpower called, "Aura of Sociopathy attract". Which is why every time I go to the movie theatres, the theatres are lit up by texters, someone's changing a baby diaper behind me, Seniors who'd make Walter seem like Pollyanna in comparison congregate around me whenever they're out, or whenever we go to a place with children, 90% chance that the family with the out-of-control-child will sit near us or the kid will scream loud enough to be heard from the nearby house.

So upon hearing a kid who's maybe one or two scream for a minute straight without taking a breath, (Probably with the parents trying to calm them down) I immediately went over to the other side of the restaurant. I just sit down and eat one fry...then a kid of about five comes over, picks up my soda, takes a huuuuuuuge chug...then spits it ALL out all over my food.

The kid's lucky I didn't immediately backfist him across the room and demand that he get his parents to replace it, or I didn't chase him, pick him up, find his parents, then tell him. Because instead, I decided to trick the little bastard.

I said, "Wow, can you take me to your parents and show them this?" and he nodded then excitedly ran over to the play place where about 9 adults are talking on a table. (While I was thinking, "....wow, I can't believe that worked.") I immediately say, "Is he yours?" and two of them walk over. They asked if he was bothering me, and I said, "As a matter of fact, yes, he drank my coke and then spat it out all over my dinner." and pointed to the coke-soaked tray I was holding.

The kid immediately went wide-eyed and said, "BUT HE DID IT HE TOLD ME HE WANTED TO SHOW YOU THIS!!!!" (lol, yeah, if I wanted to get free food by spitting coke on it and saying he spat on it, I'd totally walk up to the managers and tell them - why would I tell you that?) while his mom back-handed him (not enough to hurt him) then started arguing with him whie his dad was looking at me like, "...I see what you did there." and then he cracked out his wallet and said he'd pay to replace it.

But it's not over yet....when I was waiting for it after mom and dad said "Oh my god I'm SOOOO sorry" for the fifth time...I spotted a kid running around behind the counter with several workers in pursuit yelling "STOP!" and then the dad said, "...oh god" And walked back, probably to tell one of the other adults their kid was acting up too. (And before you ask, "...how'd they get behind the counter? o-O Fail McDonald's", it's because there's a door right next to the counter so they can clean up spills more easily. You can easily push it)

Surprised that the parents didn't side with the kid. And surprised that second idiot kid didn't get deep-fried or grilled. :P
    Kangaroo Squee!

Wow. What a little brat...I have never heard of a kid doing that! Kudos for the parents for actually caring, though.

Also, that was quite sneaky.
    "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
    "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
    Amayis is my wifey

Comment

So we are talking a McDonald's here, I was getting the feeling it was some rizty upmarket restaurant...now I'll probably get sued for defamation

Comment

So that's what that's called. Yeah, there's this thing about me......I hate kids, absolutely hate them. And everywhere I go out to eat or shop or whatever have you, there are always kids. Always sat next to the annoying families at restaurants. Always at the movie showing where the idiot parents bring toddlers to R rated movies. Always in the store where teenage/young mum is too busy picking up a new baby daddy to pay attention to her kid hiding under racks of clothes or trying to climb shoe displays....
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Digitalpotato View Post
          Surprised that the parents didn't side with the kid.
          Very weird story... even more because the kid had PARENTS!
          FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

You're not a unique snowflake unless you create your own mould (Raps)

***GK, Sarcastro, Lupo, LingualMonkey, BookBint, Jester, Irv, Hero & Marlowe fan***

Comment

*blink blink* At first I was going to suggest you hang out with Lupo, since all of her "kid" stories involve adults who act like toddlers. Thought you might cancel each other out.

But then you got to the drowning-your-meal part. I'm generally indifferent about kids and I would never intentionally hurt them. But....but....the temptation. I have no idea what I'd do in a similar circumstance. I'm pretty sure I'd act possessed, head spinning around and everything. Geez.
            A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
              Always in the store where teenage/young mum is too busy picking up a new baby daddy to pay attention to her kid hiding under racks of clothes or trying to climb shoe displays....
              When the guys realize what they're in for they'll run away screaming, and rightly so seeing as (from what I've seen) they don't want a boyfriend. They want a babysitter who will give them money so they can go shop some more.
              ......../\
              ....../__\
              ..../\...../\
              ../__\../__\

Comment

OMG you were a lot more polite than I would have been! I'd be screaming like a maniac. I cannot stand bratty kids. I don't care whether it's the parents' fault or not. Even at a McD's I should be able to eat without being harassed, attacked or having my meal ruined.
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I won't eat inside a McDonalds, especially one with a Play Place.

Of course, it's partly because I got kicked out of the Play Place. Come on now, there are 8 year olds that weigh more than I do. I'm barely over 5 feet. I will not get stuck or bother anyone.

Joking, joking.

I won't eat inside a McDonalds, I always take it home. If there aren't a bunch of wiley brats everywhere in there, there are hoards of seniors watching CNN and bitching about everything that is discussed therein, even bitching about the price of their discounted senior coffee, of which they are already on their 12th cup.

Comment

I'm still in shock that he spit Coke on your food. Where did he even learn that??
                    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

His daddy probaby spits snuff on his Mommy's Spam when she gets out of line at the dinner table, spouting off about all that new fangled women's rights to work bullshit.

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                        His daddy probaby spits snuff on his Mommy's Spam when she gets out of line at the dinner table, spouting off about all that new fangled women's rights to work bullshit.

Ouch... harsh.

I'd say he's just a kid. He's five. At five I did that. I honestly didn't know better, and I never learned it from family or TV. I just thought it be funny.

My ass didn't think it was funny when he met Mr. Wooden Ladle though. Nor Mr. Piggy bank when he was smashed and my life savings gun. But hey, I never did it again.

I've seen tons of kids run behind the counter at my local McD, that they started having a little latch on it. Annoying to workers, but needed.
                        Military Spouse Support.
                        http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
                        Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                          I won't eat inside a McDonalds, especially one with a Play Place.

Of course, it's partly because I got kicked out of the Play Place. Come on now, there are 8 year olds that weigh more than I do. I'm barely over 5 feet. I will not get stuck or bother anyone.

Joking, joking.
                          So...what happens in the ball pit doesn't stay in the ball pit, I take it?
                          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

This thread put me in mind of a story from the wholesale club related to me by Demo Lady V.

DLV had stepped away from her little cart to show a customer where something was. She turns around to head back to her cart-- upon which she had some samples arranged-- and sees some kid (tweener to teenage) rush over to the cart, lean their head over it, then shake out their hair directly over the samples.

DLV blew up at the kid about it.
                            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

it sounds like this is not an unusual experience for that family.

all i can say is... that's one couple i hope hears about John Rosemond's "kicking them out of the garden of eden" method.

cos it sounds like they need help reestablishing control over the kid. especially when a simple trip to mcdonald's results in having to repurchase other people's food.

Comment

Working...
                              X