Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One more thing to add to the "why I don't eat fast food" list....
    I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

This is one of the reasons I never eat inside McDonald's, especially ones with a Play Place and I have kids. I don't need to deal with other people's little brats, and I don't need them giving my kids ideas.

Anyway at least the dad paid to replace your stuff. Shame on them for not supervising their kid properly in the first place though.

Comment

If I had them, I'd never allow my kids to play in those play pen. Not in Portland anyway. Too many bums have slept in them, pissed in them, and as a I kid I've found used condoms and brought them to ma wondering what it was.

A kid was pricked with a needle in one. That was on the news. I guess it was an insulin one, rather then a herion one. Didn't think it made a difference in my book. Both can pass on nastly diseases.

If people cannot even bother to NOT have sex in those places, or not use it as bathroom, or leave stuff that can hurt kids? I'm not letting any of mine near them. Ever.
        Military Spouse Support.
        http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
        Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
          =I'm generally indifferent about kids and I would never intentionally hurt them. But....but....the temptation.
          You sound like WereMoogle LOL She doesn't handle kids well.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
            OMG you were a lot more polite than I would have been! I'd be screaming like a maniac. I cannot stand bratty kids. I don't care whether it's the parents' fault or not. Even at a McD's I should be able to eat without being harassed, attacked or having my meal ruined.

Well from my experience, if I did yell at the kid like a maniac, people would probably look at me like I was insane or side with the kid. A kid screaming? That's seen as normal. But an adult? That is what scares people since they're supposed to be more mature and rational, no matter how bratty the kid is. And an adult stranger? Typically they'd side with the kid there since the kid could easily go to his parents, feed some story about how I started yelling at him and they'd probably believe him over some stranger who was yelling at him.
            Kangaroo Squee!

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
              So...what happens in the ball pit doesn't stay in the ball pit, I take it?
              Now I'm thinking of Sheldon on "Big Bang Theory". Bazinga!

Quoth PepperElf View Post
              all i can say is... that's one couple i hope hears about John Rosemond's "kicking them out of the garden of eden" method.
              I read his column, too. Love him! And I don't have kids. I just wish his kind of commonsense would make a come-back.
              It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Well I say a thumbs up for the Dad for being a responsible parent.

Comment

Good grief! Crap like that is why the closest thing to a child I have is a cat.

IF I ever have kids, they had darn well better behave themselves. Or ELSE.

Comment

Since the original incident happened this summer, it was before Oktoberfest (yep, that's relevant). Taking a cue from the cliche "If life gives you lemons, make lemonade", I'd like to paraphrase a character from a movie - Bratwurst goes well with sauerkraut and a nice lager.
                    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Im surprised the parents apolgized for thier kid's unruly behavior. Most parents side with thier kid and deny everything.

One time my friend was having a bbq at a park and this one kid came up and said "my mom said to give me a hotdog" My friend didn't know this kid or his parents from boo and said no. Kid runs back to tell his parents and mom storms foward demanding why my frjiend didn't just give her kid "one damned hotdog" being as my friend had a bunch. The reason was: He didn't know the kid or his dietary needs, didn't know the parents and didn't want to cause a problem. You would think this would have made the parent understand....Nope. In the end my friend was a "selfish asshole" that couldn't give one hotdog to a child that asked for it.
                      NEVER underestimate the stupidity of the customer

Comment

Working...
                      X