This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Give those brats HELL.

Last edited by GiggityGiggityGoo; 11-12-2010, 05:12 AM.

Comment

I'm going to suggest pressing charges with my mom when she calls me this weekend. I'll also have an update then. The person from Animal Control was suppose to come by today.
      Honey and Thorns ~ Handmade Knit and Jewelry

Comment

Please keep us posted, RRS!!
        "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Yes, definitely file a trespassing charge. Your mum didn't invite those girls onto her property, she told them to leave and they didn't, she told them not to touch the dog and they still didn't listen.
          My own dog is a big soppy ha'porth and loves to be petted, but is very protective of myself and my son. I've also dinned it into my son's head that he mustn't try to pet a dog he doesn't know, they don't all like it and always ask the owner first.
          Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Hope Scout is okay!
            Those girls asked for trouble. Who in their right mind would advance upon and then pat a growling dog after being told not to?
            Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

i'd also suggest checking out the local trespassing laws.

you may have to put up "no trespassing" signs.

also... you may want to try talking to the parents of the girls. it's likely the girls told a different story (lied) and never bothered mentioning that they were told to leave.

stupid girls =(

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                i'd also suggest checking out the local trespassing laws.

you may have to put up "no trespassing" signs.
                Most places, if someone is told "get off my property" and they don't, they are then considered trespassing. If someone is trespassing, and it is this bloody obvious that they are trespassing where there's a trained guard dog, it's just a case of self-protection.

1) They were told to leave. Several times.
                2) They were told to not approach the dog, for their own safety.
                3) They violated both the above
                4) (Should be) they get fined/jailed etc. for trespassing and self-endangerment.
                4) (What will probably happen) The dog will be held responsible for these girls being total dips.

I hope that 4)(b) doesn't happen. The best way is to find out these girls identities and file trespassing charges, and see if you can add reckless endangerment.
                I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

EWs in the making. I sincerely hope Scout will not be held accountable for their idiocy.

Comment

o i agree totally.
                    i was just recalling some of the crap one of my coworkers had to go through when she wanted to press charges against a neighbor for breaking into her house while she was away on deployment.

granted she wasn't physically there to say "get off" but ... she wasn't able to press charges. instead she had to post the signs and send the bitch of a neighbor a letter (i think it may have been notarized or send certified, i forget) specially stating that she wasn't allowed on the property or to talk to her daughters.

but i do hope those bitches will be taken to task for their actions.

Comment

I certainly hope they don't take the dog away for sheer stupidity like that.
                      There is no problem we cannot ignore, confront, plot against, drown in chocolate sauce, or run over with the car- Christopher Elliot

Comment

The dog was guarding your property. He only "attackd" when the girl went to pet him despite his warning growls. They should have left when asked. A dog will normally give signals when he don't want to be touched. Had the girls left quietly and ignored the dog nothing would have happened.

hope everythings turns out ok for the dog
                        NEVER underestimate the stupidity of the customer

Comment

o i agree totally.
                          i was just recalling some of the crap one of my coworkers had to go through when she wanted to press charges against a neighbor for breaking into her house while she was away on deployment.

granted she wasn't physically there to say "get off" but ... she wasn't able to press charges. instead she had to post the signs and send the bitch of a neighbor a letter (i think it may have been notarized or send certified, i forget) specially stating that she wasn't allowed on the property or to talk to her daughters.

but i do hope those bitches will be taken to task for their actions.
                          Wait. What? She couldn't press charges for breaking and entering?

Comment

a it's likely the girls told a different story (lied) and never bothered mentioning that they were told to leave.
                            (
                            I bet that's exactly what happened. And they sure in hell not even think about taking Scout away.

Comment

Oh dear . . . yeah, let us know how this all turns out, I'm hoping for the best.

Ignorance like this is why I had to stop taking my Dad's dog, Bea (Pyrenees/GSD mix) for walks with me. I took her because she makes me feel safe, but people kept wanting to pet her because she's 'sooo prettttty!' One guy was out with his dog, not on a leash, and it came up to us. Bea was standing on her hind legs with her paws on my shoulders, growling at it, and I told him she's not friendly.

"Oh, but it's alright, he is!"
                              The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

They were in your yard and told to leave. Doesn't that protect your dog? I was bitten once as a kid. The dog had gotten loose from the fenced in yard, but I entered the property (I was bad, it was a corner house, and I cut the corner) so my getting bit was not considered the dog's fault. (We didn't call animal control, the hospital did. I guess they had to since it was a dog-bite).

Seriously, make sure to fight this being on the dog's record, because if a dog has a certain number of incidents they can require him to be put to sleep. Even if he wasn't on a leash, I'm pretty sure being on his own property can keep him safe,though I guess that might differ state to state.

Comment

Working...
                                X