This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth ShinyGreenApple View Post
    Bea was standing on her hind legs with her paws on my shoulders, growling at it, and I told him she's not friendly.

"Oh, but it's alright, he is!"
    I was going to get the mail one time and some idiot had his Min Pin with him. Not on a leash and in a common area in the complex. Well, here's this little dog acting somewhat aggressive, growling, the whole bit and there wasn't any room for me to get farther away to go around him. His owner says, get this, "Don't worry, he doesn't bite". I looked at him and said, "Just because he hasn't, doesn't mean he won't." Seriously, all dogs have the potential to bite.
    It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth chainedbarista View Post
      first rule of dogs: if the owner says to leave them alone and get away, do so posthaste.
      second rule of dogs: when they growl at you, you don't pet them!

Quoth Pagan View Post
      I was going to get the mail one time and some idiot had his Min Pin with him. Not on a leash and in a common area in the complex. Well, here's this little dog acting somewhat aggressive, growling, the whole bit and there wasn't any room for me to get farther away to go around him. His owner says, get this, "Don't worry, he doesn't bite". I looked at him and said, "Just because he hasn't, doesn't mean he won't." Seriously, all dogs have the potential to bite.
      Seriously. Pablo was the most mild-mannered canine I ever met, but shortly after we got the cats my cousin's wife brought her kids (ages 8 and 10 at the time) over to visit them (my cousin found them and they raised them for 7 weeks). The kids are a bit...excitable...and I was holding Pablo but with all the excitement and the kids being loud a little too close to him he suddenly growled and probably would have nipped my cousin's daughter if I hadn't had him in my arms. Took him in the other bedroom after that.
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

You never know when a dog might decide to be 'not quite himself'. We take the two small dogs, Meeko and Annie to the vets together. We warned them that Annie is a biter and to be careful with her as she's known to be aggressive, but Meeko should be ok.

Guess which one was sweet and which one tried to take a bite out of them
        The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

heh reminds me of my aunt's poodle.
          only when she got too excited she would pee not bite.

Comment

I hope everything works out in Scout's favor. Those girls were twits who brought Scout's reaction on themselves. People like that are why I like animals better than most people.

My dog, Chaz, is a nervous dog. I've seen him make friends with some people right away if they approach him calmly, but I've also had to hold him back from other people who made him anxious. I find it best to take him to another room of the house if anyone visits, and introduce him slowly to guests so he doesn't get overwhelmed and react. It all depends on how strangers approach him that determines how he behaves toward them.
            The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

It's a shame that poor Scout and your mom have to go through all this crap with Animal Control because of some idiot teenagers who didn't know any better.
              I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
              Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
              Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth Sarah Valentine View Post
                Did the animal control person hear both sides of the story or just the bitches side?
                Now how do you know Scout is female? RedRoseSpiral never mentioned the dog's gender...

Comment

We had a lass trying to claim damages from being bitten by a friends dog a few years back, fortuantly it got proved she'd been stupid enough to wander into their garden (which was near a public footpath).
                  Our family dog was an absolute sweety, but was a rescue dog, and we soon realised it was a bloke wearing a hat that he identified with his abuse - frantically backing away was the main indication, but he could have easily gone for attack mode instead. Fortunatly he was 100% defense mode if not on friend mode. (He was even scared of cats, which was somewhat embarassing..)
                  I look forward to hearing these silliy girls have had their just deserts.

Comment

Any update? I hope everything turned out good for your Mom and Scout!

Comment

Quoth Draco View Post
                      I'd find out those girls names and see about getting them charged with trespassing. They were informed to leave/get off the property. They didn't.

Unless, of course, they would then care to recant their story about the dog. Then no charges pressed. Maybe.
                      Adding my vote in favor of this idea. Stupid girls were breaking the law by trespassing and refusing to leave, so the dog did what dogs normally do when their home turf is threatened. I hope your mom tells her side to the authorities and Scout's name is cleared. Moreso, I hope those stupid girls learn that "no" means "no" and "leave" means GTFO, not "hang around, demand candy and pet the growling doggie".
                      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                      My LiveJournal
                      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

No up date yet. Wasn't able to call mom today I'll try to get a hold of her on Wednesday when I'm off work. Our schedules don't mesh well. :/
                        Honey and Thorns ~ Handmade Knit and Jewelry

Comment

Quoth Mishi View Post
                          Hope Scout is okay!
                          Those girls asked for trouble. Who in their right mind would advance upon and then pat a growling dog after being told not to?
                          Posted about it before somewhere but it needs repeating.

When my Charlemagne was alive he was a BITER. Fear aggressive but if you got too close to him he would bite first ask questions later. One night, 4 teen girls were walking in front of the house and Charlemagne is giving his warning bark with plenty of snarls. I book it to see what's going on and one of the girls is coming up the walkway, hand outstretched, ready to pet the dog.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?"

"...Can I pet the dog?"

"YOU ARE A FUCKING MORON GO AWAY GET OFF MY PROPERTY HOW CAN YOU IGNORE THE 2 GIANT BEWARE OF DOGS SIGNS WE HAVE? GET THE FUCK OFF MY PROPERTY NOW!!!"

Teen girls beat feet and I bring Charlemagne in. It bears mentioning I was maybe 2-3 years older than the girls at the time.

FUCKING morons.
                          Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

I know there are plenty of people who fail to understand when canine body language says "back off." But I would think GROWLING is pretty universally understood as "go the fark away." Apparently not.
                            I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Update

All mom had to do was take Scout to the vet to make sure he doesn't have rabies. No charges are being brought up on anyone. The vets where going on about how well mannered he is and fed him treats the entire time.
                              Honey and Thorns ~ Handmade Knit and Jewelry

Comment

That's great, yay for Scout and your mum!
                                Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

Working...
                                X