Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that's good to hear; at least if the dumb bitches change their mind, the vet can vouch for scout's temprament.
    look! it's ghengis khan!
    Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

I'm glad to hear that. Scout didn't deserve any trouble.

It would probably still be a good idea for your mom to make a report to the police, just in case the Stupid Girls try any more nonsense. Paper trails are good.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Definitely echo what XCashier said. They could always try to change their minds later. It's not like it's hard to talk parents or their stupid teenage girls into doing things they really shouldn't...

Comment

Good to know the dog is going to be okay.

I've only ever known one dog I'd completely trust to be non-aggressive, and that's my sister's Pomeranian. The only thing he ever cares about is being the center of attention. Constantly. But aside from that, the worst he'll ever do is close his teeth gently on a finger and immediately let go. That's even after having food pulled out of his mouth or my nephew (who's just a toddler) pulling his tail and legs over and over. He'll growl sometimes, but once he remembers you're bigger than him he'll immediately surrender and go quiet.
          » Horse Words «·» Roleplaying Stuff «

Comment

Quoth RedRoseSpiral View Post
            Update
            All mom had to do was take Scout to the vet to make sure he doesn't have rabies. No charges are being brought up on anyone. The vets where going on about how well mannered he is and fed him treats the entire time.
            HIGH FIVE!
            Quoth KabeRinnaul View Post
            my nephew (who's just a toddler) pulling his tail and legs over and over.
            As I wrote in the past I don't have a great relationship with dogs, but the one thing I always noticed is that they have an amazing tolerance for toddlers. Whatever they do, dogs tend not to react. If they are hurt they'll just move away.
            I guess that they realise that toddlers are just human-puppies and need to be tolerated.
            FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

You're not a unique snowflake unless you create your own mould (Raps)

***GK, Sarcastro, Lupo, LingualMonkey, BookBint, Jester, Irv, Hero & Marlowe fan***

Comment

Glad to hear that things are working out okay!

She should put up "no trespassing" signs and probably file a report just in case - better safe than sorry.

Comment

Quoth RedRoseSpiral View Post
                Update

No charges are being brought up on anyone.
                Whew! What a relief.

It would be a pity to see a wonderful dog being penalized for Stupid Teenage Girls being Stupd. He was doing his job, for heaven's sake!

Comment

We have 2 rescue dogs, Bonny (after Anne Bonney - the pirate) and Morgan (as in Cpt'n Morgan - cause he was the color of spiced rum when we got him)

Any way - Bonny is as sweet as can be, slightly timid around men Lhasa/ Terrier mix - when she gets good and mad at something and barks at it - its funny.

Morgan - Cocker-spaniel/ King Charles Cavalier Spaniel mix - he is dumb but sweet, but he was badly abused, we think by a little girl about 4-10 yrs old, with a brush. Now I know that's rather specific for speculation, here's why:

Dad picks up a brush for Bonny - Morgan runs outside (Bonny is in the chair w/dad and the brush is on the table next to him, Morgan is in Mom's lap!)

Little girls come over in that age range, and he will growl, that low deep in his chest, "i'm not comfortable with this" growl - we tell him its ok, to go outside or go lay down - his spot is in the corner behind mom's chair and its not easy to get behind her chair unless you're under 2' tall, or over 6' (long legs to step over.... anyways...)

The thing is - we warn people when they come into our house, that Morgan's a bit... touchy... because he has snapped at men in their 20's - seemingly out of nowhere - guy is petting (NICELY - normal pettings) and Morgan will just randomly snarl and snip - but he's actually worse about it with females -

Morgan is not an aggressive dog - he's dumb, and sweet (i suppose) and wants attention all of it, all the time, and has to be inyourface close, but he has his triggers, some we don't know what they are, others we do - but as his pet-family we make sure to warn people coming into his home to respect him, he will decide when he's ready to make friends.

No we don't make a habit of taking our dogs out, we could but we have a yard and a pet door... they're happy chasing birds they can't reach, and playing with the frogs (as long as he doesn't eat them... ick)

sorry - didn't mean to threadjack - my post was actually slightly in response to someone else stating that dogs are really patient with babies/toddlers - Morgan not so much, Bonny more so... but she'd rather it go-away....

also kinda about the pet-parent responsibility to warn where necessary - which RedRoseSpiral's mom did - multiple times!
                  I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

Wait. What? She couldn't press charges for breaking and entering?
                    that's what she told me. and that i was to ignore the "no trespassing" sign cos it was for the neighbor and not me.

of course her front door also wasn't locking at that point. i'm not sure if it was properly locking before - so that could have been one of the issues too. though they had some serious issues with the neighbors anyway beyond that incident.

Comment

Working...
                    X