This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two for one sale! Okay not really.

Because I can only remember one of them. My brain is busy in craft show/custom order land, and that's a pretty happy place to be.

So hubby,kids and I were at our fav mexican place having lunch. It's awesome there and we know everyone...anyway moving on. So sitting near us is a huge table of at least 15 people. It's the after church lunch time, so this is fairly common. At this place, the food comes out pretty quick, so soon here's the guy carrying 8 plates at thier table. No tray...hot plates balanced on his arm. And the whole table is ignoring him. One lady plays some stupid game with him about not remembering what she ordered, then decides to just take the plate he's offering her. Sweet jumping chili beans, you can't remember what you ordered 15 minutes ago? And you can't stop yapping about so-and-so's plastic surgery or who so-and-so is cheating with this time to pay attention to the 6 and a half foot tall bald mexican man carrying 8 plates of heavy and hot food on his arm?! Argh.
    https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

ah yes, the after church crowd; some are lovely, some are...not.

unfortunately, this poor guy got those who were not and then some.

it's beyond rude, it's intentionally demeaning to the server. >
    look! it's ghengis khan!
    Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Yeah it rubbed me the wrong way something fierce because we know everyone at this place, and they're all awesome.

I just don't understand why people are so stupid and mean. Then again it just makes me look better, I guess.

I do have people asking me if my kids were born in America because they're polite and well behaved when we go out. Sad really.
      https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Ahh, the after-church crowds. Ya know, they were just forgiven and cleansed of all their sins from last week, time to start racking up some more, starting with being cruel to the poor server.

I worked many a Sunday morning as a hostess and a server. I wouldn't wish people like that on my worst enemy.
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I never worked in a restaurant, but the grocery store ran in 3 major "after church" groups.

Group 1 is usually dressed comfortable and very casual (like in sweats) for the weekend. And they have the terrible timing of hitting the store when everyone else is. They aren't usually power-shoppers with massively overflowing carts, and they tend to be more impatient.

Group 2 has fussy children. Kids were woken early, taken to church, and are now grocery shopping immediately before or after eating. They are sometimes hungry, but most definitely cranky. Even though I don't have kids, I can now tell a "I'm tired" cry from a tantrum. Strangely, these fussing children never bothered me much, because I knew why they were crying. Tantrums, on the other hand, drove me crazy and usually happened on Saturdays. *shrugs*

Group 3 had folks dressed to the nines for church. Often they would come with other family members or friends to make a large group. They smiled. They socialized. They were great.

Even though Sundays were stressful, I didn't mind them. Most people were fairly decent, even when we were crazy busy. Saturdays were when all the grumps came out.
          A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Working...
          X