This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun at the Loop

So my friends and I went to the Loop last night. Had dinner at Fitz's (Rootbeer & Creme soda = YUM!) and had fun there. Then we were going to go bowling, but we didn't know where we were going to go, needed reservations.
    No biggy. Found another bowling alley and headed there.

First, holy CRAP this place was huge! divided half, there were lanes on each side and in the center, were the cafeteria / service desk / lockers.
    Kind of a neat setup.

We were trying to order our game in a group of 11 (only 10 of us bowled) and we were paying, when I heard the lady behind us. "Just hand up your damned money and MOVE."

That earned her a few looks from our group, but nobody said anything. Until, "Come here for a date and people be in our way."

I'm biting my tongue at this point, trying not to laugh. You came to a date, at a public place, and didn't except people.. mmhmm.. Duh?

She griped and complained the whole time. We got ourselves settled and were getting shoes and apparently, our group took the last 2 pairs of ladies 9's.

The guy said that and she snapped.

"Oh great! Now you don't even have my shoes. First we're surrounded by CHILDREN and this!"

My friends boyfriend and I as we pass were joking. "Who would come to a public place and not expect kids or groups?"

Me: "Someone who obviously doesn't get out enough?"

Muahaha. We shouldn't have done it, but GAH! Don't sit back there and pretend we can't hear you and don't act like and EW (Okay, Fledgling EW) because you aren't getting your way.

Jeez! Oh and the guy at the counter said she was 17. We're all 20+. But we're the children.. My head.. hurts.

I hate people like this. When I worked Micky D's as a teen as a hostess, doing the children's birthday parties you would not believe (or maybe you would!) the number of EW adults/seniors who would come up to the front counter and demand to see a manager so they could complain that the children were "annoying them" or "making too much noise," and to "Make them shut up." HELLO?? McD's was the ONLY fast-food place in my town at the time to have a birthday party for kids, so YES every weekend it was packed - usually 3-4 parties in a row throughout Sat & Sun, and at least 4 a week in the summer. If you don't like kids, why would you go to a fast food restaurant that advertises that it has a huge play/party room for kids just offside the main dining area, and then expect the quiet of a library?
    The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

Would it be wrong to have asked her if she left her pacifier at home? Jeez, what a bitch. 17-year-olds should never be allowed to act that entitled.
      "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
      "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
      Amayis is my wifey

Comment

She was acting like that on a date?

I hope her date took heed of her attitude and ditched her bitchy ass. Do guys really put up with that just for a booty-call, or would the guy staying with her indicate that there's an actual relationship there?
        Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

God I miss the Loop. Is Pizza Haus still there? Only place I found in St. Louis that would put green olives on my pizza. I'm going to have to visit there the next time I'm visiting my dad.
          How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

I think so. LOL That was my first visit to the Loop. OH, I did find the Hooka Bar though. I really wanted to stop cause it looked neat

Brother wouldn't let me :P

Yeah she heard our comments (Friends BF Told me this later) and said to her date "They act like I don't have any manners."

The guy with her? "I'm beginning to wonder.."

So we can guess how well the date went right? Muahahah!

Comment

We can only hope that the EW's date had enough sense to kick her to the curb.
              Friends help you move. Rare friends help you move bodies.

Comment

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
                She was acting like that on a date?

I hope her date took heed of her attitude and ditched her bitchy ass. Do guys really put up with that just for a booty-call, or would the guy staying with her indicate that there's an actual relationship there?
                Some guys, good sense kicks in. Others, not so much.

A long time ago, I was set up on a blind date with a friend of some friends. It went well until she started badmouthing the aforementioned friends. I made it a point to end the evening gracefully, and early.

There are things more important than getting lucky.
                Friends help you move. Rare friends help you move bodies.

Comment

Probably one of the "kids" from WashU. I've had the displeasure of dealing with a few of the freshmen there a few times. It doesn't surprise me in the least. Just wait until she tries to get into Blueberry Hill and can't because she didn't make a reservation. Sometimes you can get lucky and get in, but it's a long wait.

I'd suggest checking out Star Clipper and Vintage Vinyl the next time you go. Both are really cool places and if you're lucky, Star Clipper might have some Pocky and other Japanese treats in too.

The last time DDD and I were there was when They Might Be Giants came to town. I'd also suggest really waiting until after the new year if you do go again simply because now that Thanksgiving is closing in, people are going to go nuts with their shopping.
                  Random conversation:
                  Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
                  DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

Quoth fma_fanatic View Post
                    Probably one of the "kids" from WashU. I've had the displeasure of dealing with a few of the freshmen there a few times. It doesn't surprise me in the least. Just wait until she tries to get into Blueberry Hill and can't because she didn't make a reservation. Sometimes you can get lucky and get in, but it's a long wait.
                    Oh gods, the freshers. Thanks for that flashback
                    Blueberry hill is lovely but I have a preference for the Lebanese restaurant that has a belly dancer some nights.
                    How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Quoth superhotelworker View Post
                      Jeez! Oh and the guy at the counter said she was 17. We're all 20+. But we're the children.. My head.. hurts.
                      I apologize on behalf of people my age.
                      There is no problem we cannot ignore, confront, plot against, drown in chocolate sauce, or run over with the car- Christopher Elliot

Comment

LOL
                        Sorry. I never saw the logic of calling someone a child less they were 12 or under. LOL

Comment

Gah. I so want to go back to St. Louis now. I have done Blueberry Hill (love the displays of memorabilia), and Pin Up Bowl, though the comment by the barman about the beer being for the "kid in the Cardinals shirt" (I was 22 at the time) was interesting.

I miss St. Louis now. If anyone could assist me in moving Ireland closer to St. Louis, or the Arch closer to Ireland, let me know.
                          Nothing in this world will ever be truly idiot-proof as long as they keep making more effective idiots... -EricKei

Comment

I need to back to Cicero's soonish. I dated a gal and we went there every Tuesday and Thursday for the Spaghetti/Lasanga specials. Do they still have those?
                            Lister: This is Crazy. Why are we talking about going to bed with Wilma Flintstone?
                            Cat: You're right. We're Nuts! This is an insane conversation....
                            Lister: She'll never leave Fred and we know it.

Comment

Working...
                            X