This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RestaurantDude Goes Shopping...

(Lupo, it is with great respect that i blatantly rip off your thread format)

So, i ran to the local grocery for a quick shoppies. I think some of Lupo's SCs followed me.

Move!
    So I parked the car, grabbed a cart, and attempted to enter the store. My way, however, was blocked by a woman who felt that the perfect place to have a phone conversation was right in the entrance door such that noone could get in!

PW - Phone Wench
    Me - That would be me!!!

PW: "blablablabla" (on phone, blocking door)
    Me: Excuse me
    PW: ::dirty look:: ::goes back to phone convo:: ::still blocking door::
    Me: Excuse me!
    PW: ::dirty look again::
    Me (remaining calm, and speaking as one would to an unruly 5 year old): Ma'am, you need to move. Other people need to do their shopping too. Now... move over so other people can get in to the store.
    PW: ::dirty look:: ::huffs:: ::moves::
    Me (remaining calm, and speaking as one would to an unruly 5 year old): See, that wasn't too hard, was it?

The Walking Unconscious
    Yes, you... If you are going to walk that slowly, weaving about so no one can get past you, and you continue to do so even after i very politely say "'scuse me" i will nudge you with my cart. And i will do so because i KNOW you heard me, as you glanced back when i said it, then continued to ignore me.

Cutting the queue? I think not
    So, i'm on line to pay for above mentioned foodstuffs, waiting patiently for the person in front of me to be rung out, when the following exchange takes place.

Me - HI AGAIN!!!!
    ID - Impatient Dude

Me: **waiting in line**
    ID: Pardon, may i get infront of you? (note: He had two carts, both overflowing with stuff
    Me: I'm sorry? (he didn't really just ask me that, did he?)
    ID: I was wondering if i could cut in. I'm in a bit of a hurry.
    Me: Sorry, I don''t think so. (perhaps, if he just had one or two items, i'd have let him)
    ID: Now getting very indignant Well... Why NOT!?
    Me: ** blinks **
    ID: I'm in a hurry... you need to let me cut in.
    Me: No, i don't. Back of the line. **moves cart up, so he cannot possibly cut in**
    ID: I said i was in a hurry! **tries to shove my cart back**
    Me: **wedges foot under rear wheel of cart, so it can't move** Sir... I will tell you only once, FUCK OFF!
    ID: You little shit!!! I told you i am in a hurry

[at this point, the person infront of me, was done, so i shoved him aside with my cart and started unloading]

Me:
    ID:
    Me: ** pays for stuff, and leaves **
    Awesome Cashier: ** closes lane and goes on break, leaving ID to stew in his own doucheyosity **

Sir... I will tell you only once, FUCK OFF!
    Love it.

This dick had TWO full carts and NOW he's in a hurry? And you're supposed to back off and let him go first?

I wouldn't have done it, either. You let people go ahead of you when they only have a couple of items and you have a lot, not the reverse. Good for you for standing your ground.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Why do people who are in a hurry always choose that inconvenient time to do their shopping?
      To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

He may have been a George Carlin fan (but got the spirit of the joke wrong)

"Next time you go shopping, fill your cart. I mean, a huge mountain of groceries. Then, find a guy with only two items, and ask if you can jump ahead. Say 'excuse me i'm in a hurry. I only have eleven hundred items'"

And I agree, i like the 'I will only say this once." bit
        "On a scale of 1 to banana, whats your favourite colour of the alphabet?"
        Regards, Lord Baron Darth von Vaderham, esq. Middle brother to mharbourgirl & Squeaksmyalias

Comment

That first SC was pretty self absorbed, love the ownage but the best ownage of all was the impatient dickhead with the two carts full of groceries getting the lane closed on him as his turn came up.
          I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
          Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
          Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth ApolloSZ View Post
            And I agree, i like the 'I will only say this once." bit

Thank you, thank you. That was one of my better moments.

Comment

Poor poor RD, having Lupo's SCs follow you...

But I applaud the pwnage of the guy at the end. And the cashier of awesomeness who closed the lane!
              "Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!" - The Truman Show

Comment

Had somethin' similar happen to me awhile back,I turned to the woman with my best glare & voice* & said "We're all in a hurry lady,wait your damn turn"

those long ago acting classes have paid off many times
                "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

Why is it always my fault now when people see SCs while grocery shopping. I didn't do it. I don't own them or control them.

Did something similar myself with a would be line cutter. While sick. kudos on that.

Comment

Quoth RestaurantDude View Post
                    Awesome Cashier: ** closes lane and goes on break, leaving ID to stew in his own doucheyosity **
                    Well now, isn't that just Karmically ironic?
                    Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

That's just an awesome icing on the cake when it happens that way.

I don't understand either, why people who are in such a hurry get multiple carts full of items or spend hours and hours hemming and hawwing over clothes or whatever merchandise. Oh, I bet it's because they are running late NOW because they've wasted so much time.
                      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

"i'm in a hurry"

aand...?

"I'M IN A HURRY"

AANNDDD...?

if you were in such a hurry, you wouldn't be doing mass shopping, twatwad.

ahh, karma, she's a bitch but we all love her.
                        look! it's ghengis khan!
                        Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth lupo pazzesco View Post
                          Why is it always my fault now when people see SCs while grocery shopping. I didn't do it. I don't own them or control them.

I disagree about you owning them. Of course, probably not in same definition you were thinking in that post.
                          To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Something similar happened with the line cutter....was in a GreenWall, and it was busy....the make-up counter opened, and a few of us lined up.....

The women behind me kept trying to push her cart around me, and that's not gonna happen....so then she emptied her stuff on the counter before I could empty my basket.

I just shoved her stuff to the side and emptied my basket ( was waiting for the customer ahead oh me to be rung out first) She did apologize, so it may have just been a brain-fart on her part.
                            "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
                            "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

Quoth lupo pazzesco View Post

I think it's more that we just associate you with shopping shenanigans We know you don't truly send them all over the country, or the planet
                              https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                              Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Working...
                              X