This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second-hand sighting : Uncommon Infected

So my husband and I have been picking out of the crowd of common Infected SCs some more specialized categories - the ones that don't show up all that often; but when they do, you just know they're going to make your day a whole hell of a lot worse than it already is.

The Witch: seems innocuous enough at first; may be having a pleasant conversation together until you say *one thing* wrong or explain why you can't accede to a request; then Total Explosion of Fury.

The Spitter: is having a bad day and intends to spread it as far and wide as possible. Will take their vitriol out on the deli slicer, the stocker, the cashier and the bagger, leaving behind puddles of frustration and tears when they saunter out the doors.

The Boomer: complains loudly and angrily about anything that they don't like; getting their tag-along friends involved in the argument when they don't get their own way.

And yesterday's limited-edition that launched a sneak-attack on my husband when he stopped for gas: the Princess.

The Princess is high-school or college-age, (commonly but not necessarily just females) who feels entitled to anything they want and feels justified in taunting, abusing, and sending their lackeys to attack others around them. Case in point: yesterday evening.

DH had been sitting in line behind several cars, waiting for the gas pump. Just as it was his turn to fuel and he started to pull up, a girl flashed around him in her car, cutting in line to park at the pump.

Princess: *yelling* We got it first! We got it first!
    DH: Shut the hell up!
    Princess: You can't talk to me like that! *sends her boyfriend out to 'deal' with the insubordinate attitude of the guy she just cut in front of*

Now, my DH is about 5'11 and a fairly hefty guy. The boyfriend, from what he said, was about 5'2 and just as scrawny as the Princess. And so...

DH: *to the guy* Do you really want to do this?
    Princess: *shrieking* Kick his ass! He can't talk to me like that! Kick his ass!
    DH: *to the guy* Your girlfriend's about to get the floor mopped with your face.

Apparently the boyfriend then reconsidered his actions and got back in the car with the Princess. They then left the gas station completely without refueling. Score one for the Survivors!

I feel sorry for that boyfriend. LOL

“I claim to be a simple individual liable to err like any other fellow mortal. I own, however, that I have humility enough to confess my errors and to retrace my steps.”

Comment

Hehe...the in-joke with hubby's friends is that I'm the witch. You startle me and you die.

As for the little princess, sounds like she needs to get the entitlement stick out of her orifice of choice and learn to be a real human.
      Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
      http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

Comment

I've actually got a self defense book titled "The Little Black Book of Violence", which is primarily aimed at young men about the age range of the princess's boyfriend. Mainly, guys from their teens to about 30 years old.

And it has one thing to say about girlfriends like "Princess".
        Dump Them.
        Seriously. The book cautions (and I agree with its authors completely) that girls like that, who always try to get their men to "fight for their woman's honor" are nothing but trouble.
        That and they're not worth all the trouble that they're going to get their man into eventually. Either they will get their guy into a fight against somebody who will kick his ass severely, or the guy is going to end up in (possibly serious) legal trouble for instigating a fight.

Comment

Sometimes it's necessary and I genuinely appreciate a guy helping me out, but I'm pretty good at taking care of myself, and I can't stand when Bitches try to make their men fight their battles for them, especially if it's over nothing or something extremely petty. And the guys who oblige for that....losers.
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Hubby's one of those "fight for my honor" types, but I neither encourage nor prompt him to do it. But, he'd rather fight the person than me, because I fight dirty.
            Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*

Comment

Zombie, that's pretty much why my bf does it as well.

Before he saw me in action, he used to think because he was bigger and more muscular, he could take care of it.

Then he saw me shove a guy who tried to grab me, and then a while later, another guy was bugging one of our friends, and I shoved him away from her and he was like "Daaamn....I think I better only let you handle it when it's serious. You're going to kill someone."
              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Yep. My mum says that Dad will literally pull her away from people because she will destroy them. I know where I got it from.
                Although hubby always carries a knife on him, so the odds of the person dying is about equal for either of us fighting them.

Comment

My mother is one of those little packages of dynamite, kind of like Granny Clampett from The Beverly Hillbillies. She's mellow and easy-going most times, but quickly switches gears the moment someone pushes too far. She was also very quick with the backhand if you mouthed off to her when she told you to do something or stop doing something.
                  The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

I have a healthy respect for how tough females are. Even though I will intercede if I see them attacked by a man, it is not because I think they are too weak to handle it themselves. It is because I have been 'programmed' to do so. Something that happens with no conscious thought on my part.

Lol the weird thing is when it comes to myself I am a pacifist. Rather walk away then fight. Don't even want to hurt a fly. *shrug*
                    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

I remember almost getting into a fight with a drunken skank at the Buskerfest here in town. Now, my friends and I are cosplayers, and we attend events like that in costume. I had full Jedi robes on, and a six foot lightstaff. Machined aluminum hilt and two 24" polycarb tube blades. That thing was a lovely bright blue when lit. That night I was heading up to where I could catch my bus to go home, and as the street I was preparing to cross was kinda dark, I had my lightstaff lit, so I would be visible.

As I'm walking along minding my own business, I hear "OMG, WTF?" in a high pitched female voice. Well, it's not the first time I had heard that- our lightsabers tend to get people's attention and they often want to check us out. So I stopped to let the young lady have a look. Nothing threatening in my bearing or speech. Some switch in her mind must have flipped- one moment she seemed perfectly fine, the next she was a screaming, foaming at the mouth loon. While she was screeching obscenities, I found myself uncoupling the two halves of my lightstaff- I didn't realize I was even doing it until it was almost apart in my hands. I knew that if she tried to take a swing at me, I was going to make her eat the threaded ends of that hilt, with predjudice. I just knew it. However, I don't hit people unless they make a move on me first, which it soon became apparent she was not going to do. She was all mouth, no action. That's when I walked away, keeping an eye out to make sure she wasn't following me.

I wasn't going to clobber somebody just for their foul mouth. But had she been dumb enough to try to hit me, I know I would have taken her head off.
                      How dumb do you have to be to even get that drunk? And yes, she was drunk, by her own admission. One of these days, she's going to run into somebody much meaner, and with a lot less self control than me, and it's not going to end well.

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
                        Lol the weird thing is when it comes to myself I am a pacifist. Rather walk away then fight. Don't even want to hurt a fly. *shrug*
                        Wouldn't call it weird. There's nothing wrong with fighting. It just depends on what you're fighting for.
                        Friends help you move. Rare friends help you move bodies.

Comment

Working...
                        X