X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sucky back cash

Hey everyone,

Its been a very long time since ive logged in here, due to the fact that im having trouble with the rules -- --. but anyways, i already transfered to a new mcdees and i love the place, and its better than the other one.

So today i had back cash which i always love and enjoy, or most of the time they call it the hole. Anyways i had two ignorant people in drive thru, one was an old man who pulled up to the first window for a double chesse berger and did not use the speaker. there was a customer who was infact at the speaker as he did this, so i had to hold the people at the speaker box and quickly order for him. So yeah it wasnt bad, but it kinda ticked me off -- --.

then there was this other guy who i asked if thats all he wanted on his order and all he did was leave the speaker box and drove up to the window and did not even apologize.

I swear im about to bring totall rage to someone one day if everything goes bad.

but since im such a nice person and learn to control my anger, that will very rarely happen at all .

Heh...oddly enough, I would almost consider that a GOOD day in drive-through

I've gotten used to sharing a chuckle with the poor fools who miss the speaker or the back-cash window...though admittedly I'd be very annoyed if there was another car right behind them.

I don't know if I don't speak clearly or what, but I'm now also accustomed to people not informing me "yeah, I'm done now." Usually english isn't their first language...but that is definitely rather annoying. Though at least you didn't have anybody swearing at you today

oh, and welcome back!
    Your true character is who you are when no one is looking.
    --Unknown

Comment

Dunno... maybe it's just me, but I didn't really consider either of those overly sucky.... Sort of thing that would just make me roll my eyes.
      GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

The people who skip the speaker ARE sucky. They screw up the line. The orders in the drivethru are numbered. So when you do that you end up with something like this order#1 #5 #2 #3 generally causing at least some confusion down the line. But no tha sounds like a good day I should introduce you to some of my customers. How about the Iranian woman who gest upset when no one can understand her thick accent? I'm sorry I don't have anyone on staff who speaks Farsi!

Comment

Just to be an ass. I would have informed the guy he would have to drive back around and order correctly through the speaker and not at the window.

Comment

Just to be the devil's advocate, but don't most drive throughs now say to pull up if you need assistance ordering? The OP did say it was an older gentleman, so maybe he was hard of hearing and was used to just ordering at the window. Just a thought.

Comment

Hey that is a good day in Drive Thru.
              I used to be a bit of a whiz (I started at a new fast food store when it opened and got pretty good at Drive Thru!! They hated when I left too bad they screwed me!)

But seriously in Australia since Maccas got rid of the speaker box (and have since brought it back) it was so hard cause people would ignore the box and drive straight threw. Even if they we in a Saturday lunch rush and sat next to the box with their windows up....soooooooooo frustrating!!

But I used to get a bunch of cars flying past the speaker box to the window to order....and it was never a small order!! stupid people....but ya know....drive thru always tested the patience of most.
              every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.... for every person I can stand being around there is and eqaul and opposite idiot....... -_- damn stupid people

Comment

Quoth karath View Post
                Heh...oddly enough, I would almost consider that a GOOD day in drive-through

I've gotten used to sharing a chuckle with the poor fools who miss the speaker or the back-cash window...though admittedly I'd be very annoyed if there was another car right behind them.

I don't know if I don't speak clearly or what, but I'm now also accustomed to people not informing me "yeah, I'm done now." Usually english isn't their first language...but that is definitely rather annoying. Though at least you didn't have anybody swearing at you today

oh, and welcome back!
                Yeah and the other thing is that some people dont know how to project, i think everyone needs to at least take a speech class or somthing.

Comment

I always wondered though if it would be grossely inappropirate to quote a certain movie and add the phrase "and theeeen?"

Comment

Quoth LexiaFira View Post
                    I always wondered though if it would be grossely inappropirate to quote a certain movie and add the phrase "and theeeen?"
                    I have done this but usually only late on Friday and Saturday nights when the drunks come thru. They find it amusing.

As to the OP it is really annoying when ppl just pull up to the window. Hell even our deaf customers (we have 2 regulars) that come thru will honk their horn once so we know it's them before pulling up. As for the ppl that just ignore you when you ask them if there is anything else.....these are usually the same asshats that start the transaction like this:

Me: Hi, How are you today?
                    SC: 2 tacos, a bean barita(yes this is how they say it), fire sauce and a large Coke. *I'm glad to hear your doing well...me? I'm great thanks for asking.*

Comment

Working...
                    X