This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You can keep your five!

This woman comes up to my window with her son (who was like 18 or something)

Hands me her $5.99 ticket.

I cash it.

SC: Hey, can I give you some change for dollars?

She hands me change that equals $1.30

I give her the money and wish her a happy night.

In all the years I've been in retail I have never seen a woman go from nice to bitch in zero seconds flat.

SC: You didn't give me my five!

Me: Yes ma'am I did.

SC: *starts to shriek* NO, you did not! See, these two fives?? My grandpa gave them to me.

(She was like 50 something years old, missing teeth, etc)

SC: You gave me this ONE not a five!

At this point I was done.

ME: Fine, I'll be right back and have my supervisor call surveillance.

I went into the back fuming because she was so nice and then became such a jerk. As my SV called the woman was just yelling her head off! I could hear her in the back!

She was cussing up a storm and just acting looney.

I have mispaid people before but this time I knew I paid her right. Two other people saw me do it. Including her son.

Survelliance took quite awhile. Finally, it turns out (as I knew!) I did pay her the five but before I could tell her this she stormed off and was yelling at the security guard at his post.

CW who got stuck upfront with the massive line told me that the woman stomped away and yelled: Just keep my five then!

I balanced and had the tape on my side. Hmm.

I was worried the rest of the night that she'd come storming back but never did. I kind of wanted to call security on her though... LOL
    Last edited by Anakah; 07-08-2008, 06:51 AM. Reason: Spelling error

You should have! But I understand you can't always call the boys in blue (or for most security guards, the boys in grey) to save our butts.
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Working...
    X