• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
    Did I mention I'm still 105 lbs?
    Quoth AdminAssistant View Post
    And....you're always the one handing out cookies too.....*sniffle*
    That's why she's still 105 lbs. She gives away all those cookies instead of eating them.
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

*hides under desk in fright thinking about the evil that is movie theater butter*

The three years I worked managing a movie theater have totally cured me of ever wanting butter on my popcorn again. Not only does it eat through your shoes it gave everyone I worked with that ate that stuff an unholy case of diarrhea! Plus no one had ever cleaned the butter thingie, we just kept dumping more in every now and then. A science experiment gone horribly wrong! Once asked the regional manager what the corporate policy was on how often to change the butter and was told never! Throwing out that yellow grease would cost the company money and it was supposed to have an indefinite shelf life, like Spam and roaches.
      "No, I will not poop a shopping cart out for you." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

The three years I worked managing a movie theater have totally cured me of ever wanting butter on my popcorn again. Not only does it eat through your shoes it gave everyone I worked with that ate that stuff an unholy case of diarrhea! Plus no one had ever cleaned the butter thingie, we just kept dumping more in every now and then. A science experiment gone horribly wrong! Once asked the regional manager what the corporate policy was on how often to change the butter and was told never! Throwing out that yellow grease would cost the company money and it was supposed to have an indefinite shelf life, like Spam and roaches.
        To be frank, that sounds absolutely disgusting. We rotate the butter topping at our theatre and they all have expiration dates on them.

Also, one of my pet peeves is I always get a few people who ask if we use real butter, and when I say no, they don't want any. Have you ever tried eating popcorn with real butter? It tastes like crap.

Comment

This was twenty years ago, but I still have an aversion to popcorn butter...

Do you still pop the corn with the heavy chemical flavoring that is yellow powder?

Comment

Quoth Mordecai View Post
            To be frank, that sounds absolutely disgusting. We rotate the butter topping at our theatre and they all have expiration dates on them.

Also, one of my pet peeves is I always get a few people who ask if we use real butter, and when I say no, they don't want any. Have you ever tried eating popcorn with real butter? It tastes like crap.
            Mmmm real butter. The movie theater near me actually has real butter as an option. It's an extra 50 cents and I wouldn't eat it any other way!

Comment

Quoth calulu View Post
              This was twenty years ago, but I still have an aversion to popcorn butter...

Do you still pop the corn with the heavy chemical flavoring that is yellow powder?

Yeah, but I'm not sure if it's the same kind as your theatre used. Did your theatre use canola oil?

Comment

We used to use some sort of gloppy semi solid semi runny yellow goop that we pressure pumped up into the popcorn maker and this powdered flavoring called Flavorcol (I think) Remember reading the ingredient list and knowing I could never eat the popcorn there again.

Comment

I walked into the breakroom during my lunch time at Sam's Club & noticed right away that something stunk really bad. I said..OMG! What stinks?????" The one girl at the table looked at me & gave me a glare that would have leveled mountains & snapped.."It's popcorn!!" I said..."with butter?" She then said..."YES!" I said.."Damn! That's why this room stinks! ewwwwwwwwwwww!! You would have thought I had stolen her newborn or something cause she gave me a nasty look.
                  I don't like butter on popcorn. I like my popcorn plain. The smell of butter on popcorn makes me gag so much that I just wanna hurl...lol.
                  She had been eating microwaved buttered popcorn. Let me tell you-it smelled like a combination of old piss & that sneaker smell that drifts out of an old gym bag. Yuck.
                  Last edited by Bright_Star; 07-10-2008, 12:01 AM.

Comment

Years back I went to a soft pretzel place and when i ordered they asked me if i wanted butter on my pretzel....um, no, ewwwww. The woman looked at me like i had 2 heads when i told her i didn't want the butter.

But honestly, do people really put butter on soft pretzels? That's a new one to me.
                    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

I don't eat popcorn at the movies anymore. If I get anything I just get a soda to sip through the movie.

When I make microwave popcorn, I usually use butter-flavored microwave popcorn and then melt extra butter to pour on. It serves as a fixative for all the powdered cheese topping and chili powder I shake on.

And I'm 205 pounds, down from about 225 a few months ago.
                      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
                      X