Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oh crap! I can only guess at the flack we'll get...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh crap! I can only guess at the flack we'll get...

We just found out at work that the stupid "mother" that dressed her daughter up to look like Julia Roberts' hooker character in "Pretty Woman" for the TV show "Toddlers and Tiaras" is planning on auctioning the outfit off and donating to us. We have NO connection to this show or this "mother' but i KNOW we will be getting crap for it.
    "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Oh my!

Maybe some damage control by sending a press release (or, at least have one ready) aimed at your biggest contributors would be a possibility?
    A theory states that if anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for, it will be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

Another theory states that this has already happened.

Comment

Quoth NorthernZel View Post
      Oh my!

Maybe some damage control by sending a press release (or, at least have one ready) aimed at your biggest contributors would be a possibility?
      They're already working on that. :-) That's how I found out about it.
      "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Well, I guess it's nice that One Wish Foundation can take something tasteless and turn it into a good cause.
        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

I believe it's perfectly acceptable to deny donations if you don't like where they're coming from...
          This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
          I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Priest to Madam: "I am sorry, ma'am, but we can not accept your donation."
            Parishioner: "Go ahead! It's our money, Father!"
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
              Priest to Madam: "I am sorry, ma'am, but we can not accept your donation."
              Parishioner: "Go ahead! It's our money, Father!"
              Of interest, there are/were several grand churches in Europe that had stained glass windows donated by prostitute guilds, often with permission from the local cardinals, or even the Pope himself. The theory given* was basically, "If they were good enough for Jesus to sit with, they're good enough to donate to His house."

*Feel free to hie off to Fratching if you want to speak of other possible reasons
              The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
              "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
              Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Working...
              X