This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bout bloody time

Okay, so one of the complaints I hate getting is because it is one of the most valid.
    We have no way to tell when someone is typing (a technical flaw that will likely never be fixed as a large number of our users use text message based software to connect to us rather than traditional IM based software).
    That is people getting upset when we ask [Are you still there?] when they are just typing a long reply, and i can see why, it's kind of rude and impatient sounding.
    So now management has finally approved using the much gentler sounding [Awaiting your reply]
    much more polite, lets them know that we are still there, while reminding them that the hearing user is waiting so please don't take too long.
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

The system in use at my workplace is different, and while it probably leads to more typos and such, it does have the advantage that the machine's memory buffer is constantly being cleared by sending out the text being typed (usually only the operators type quickly enough for anything to build up, but some of our regular users are really quick typists too), so in the worst case, I'll have to tell the hearing user that I'm waiting for the other person to type a few more words so my delivery isn't too choppy.
    Long days, short nights, a bottle of NOS makes it all right.

Canadians Unite !

Comment

Our caption phone department does that... but they are using specialized equipment, we use software designed to be used on everything from just about the most basic cell phone on up, which does put limitations on what we can do.
      If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Working...
      X