This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You know, I swear I'd love to smack these people

Apparently the GM of one of the hotels is no longer there. She left months ago and no longer works for us. But no one could be bothered to tell ANYONE in the reservations department this. I asked whose in charge now. My managers answer is "I don't know".

And get this... the SA that will be leaving in a week just told me that she asked whose going to take over the Sales accounts once she's gone so she can tell the groups she's dealing with and she was told they don't know and just to let them deal with it. My DORR told her that he's going to have US (as in, the reservations staff), do the work of dealing with the groups because he doesn't want to deal with it.

What does this mean? It means that we are now forced GRC's (groups sales/rooms coordinators), possibly even Sales Managers, without the title, the pay, or the respect. It increases our work load by at least four times the amount. Because the bloody company doesn't want to hire or promote someone to that position. Not even if it means only giving them the title and taking them off the reservations phones.
    Last edited by Moirae; 10-03-2011, 08:31 PM.

I'd be saying "OH FUCK NO!"

Comment

Ok, yep. We were just told thats exactly whats going to happen. For no raise except for a 25 cent commission on each reservation entered and a very slight change in our titles. Oh joy. Meaning, we are now all Sales Managers, Sales Assistants, and Reservations Agents, with me being the FIT Coordinator too without the title, or the benefits.
      Last edited by Moirae; 10-04-2011, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Are you with some Big Name Chain? Just asking because this kind of thing sends up a whole lot of red flags for me. I would be fairly paranoid about why they're so willing to run on a staff that can't even be called skeletal at this point. My first thought, frankly, was "company's going under." Sorry, that's not very encouraging, I know ...

Comment

Nope. This company owns three hotels. Total.

I found out some more stuff today. I'm not sure we're actually all that in trouble. It sounds like a bit of childish politicking by one of the owners whose trying to buy the other owners out thats causing this whole mess. We've seemed in trouble... now I wonder.

Comment

So, what, this one guy is spreading horrible rumours that all these positions will be permanently vacant and everybody else gets to pick up the slack??

Comment

Not rumors. Truth. The COO was in the meeting with us. Yep, thats how this company works. When one person leaves, everyone else picks up the slack the position doesn't get filled.

The Sales Manager alone is usually a full time job. Normally companies in a destination city have more than one Sales Manager and a Sales Assistant. Usually the most experienced leading the way. So the sheer fact that they had my DORR do this, when he's never done it before, and us take over as SMERFE managers does not sit well with me at all. DORR said that this is the only way he could convince them to keep the reservations department intact. That the owners had been considering having the off site call center (who charges an awful lot of money in comparison to us) do the calls.

Though I can say one thing... it will be a great thing to add to my resume and increase my employability. Even if its like moving from the frying pan into the fire.

And get this... the SA is still here until Thursday. They already blocked her out of everything so she can't make any changes to anything, including add reservations to the computer.
              Last edited by Moirae; 10-04-2011, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X