This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silly IT

So, I work for a tech company. We are the interwebsz a great deal. Hell, we all goof off and web surf more than we should (can I help it if this site is so great?)

So IT started using stronger web filters. The problem? It's blocking some site we have to have to use to do our job! Ha...its not a huge deal...just restart the computer a few times, make sure to use IE, and the sites start to work....just annoying. Go glad I'm away next week...hope I come back to everything working.

Way to go, IT
    "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
    "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

My high school did that. It turned out they were using a fairly dumb keyword filter; all the filter saw was the word in question on a page. As you can guess, that pissed off a lot of students who couldn't use the school computers for the research they were supposed to to (and in turn pissed off the teachers when they found out what was going on).

The "IT staff" consisted of two librarians who wouldn't know a keyword filter if it bit them in the ass, they installed it because the vendor said they should and had no clue how to actually use the thing
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
    X