This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Shut Up and Eat It

A lot of people who order from JJ's have never even heard of JJ's.. Most will ask me what we have (Always when we are busy as Hell).. Here lately I'll tell them:

"We have ham, roast beef, turkey, Italian meat which is salami and capicola and tuna.. You can chose one meat or we have various combinations of most of the meat.. Or you can get the Shut Up and Eat It."

They ask me what that is and I tell them:

"Whatever I feel like making you."

I am surprised at how many people will order that.. Also surprised that no one has complained.. And very surprised I haven't gotten in trouble for doing that yet.

(I got that whole idea from a picture of a sandwich shops menu that had Shut Up and Eat It as a choice)
    http://www.customerssuck.com/?m=20080203

My destiny is not pretty, but it's what my cutie mark is telling me.

I wonder how many order it when you're not in. LOL

Comment

Maybe you are just very good at who you're using that with. Personally, I love the mildly snarky humour and would order it in a flash. (Not to mention, if I can't make up my mind I'm perfectly happy to gamble on somebody else's suggestions/recommendations, LOL!)

Comment

I'd so order that. There's something refreshing about ordering "food." Literally, admitting to yourself and everyone else that screw it, you're just hungry and want something to eat, and you don't care what.

Comment

Not bad. If the management complains, do it as the Mystery Sandwich. As long as you stick things together that taste good together, I wouldn't complain either. (I'd just pick the tomato off if there was some. Or egg.)

Comment

A friend of mine who is vegetarian has told me that in the past - before vegetarian options became widely available - when asked by waiters what he would like, he has told them "I'll leave it up to the chef".
            He said that he always got something marvellous, and wondered if (especially in chain restaurants) the chef was just pleased to get the chance to create something of his / her own, rather than keep making the corporate menu dishes?
            Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Sounds interesting....maybe more restaurants should do this.

Comment

A friend of mine works in a five-star hotel on Guernsey, and their posh restaurant has a menu choice where you tell the chef what you don't like or are allergic to, and he makes you a surprise seven-course meal based on whatever he feels like at the time. And it's only about £45 IIRC. My friend has insider knowledge on the chef and tells me he likes using a lot of venison...
                "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

Oh, that sounds fun; I'd get it!
                  "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

I love it! I'd order it in a heartbeat! Then again, I love pretty much everything on the JJ menu...
                    Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped. - Elbert Hubbard

Comment

Quoth Pixilated View Post
                      Maybe you are just very good at who you're using that with. Personally, I love the mildly snarky humour and would order it in a flash. (Not to mention, if I can't make up my mind I'm perfectly happy to gamble on somebody else's suggestions/recommendations, LOL!)
                      This.

There's nothing better than being able to be a wiseass and have a laugh with someone, whether you're the customer or the employee.
                      Dammit !! ~ Jack Bauer

Comment

I'll take two please, one with extra Shut Up.
                        This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                        I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

I've been using the "Shut up and eat it" option for years. Just never thought of using it for food.
                          "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Much like the sign we had up on the fridge for a number of years.

This is not Burger King.
                            You don't get it your way.
                            You take it my way or you don't get the son-of-a-bitch!

It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

I would so order that! I really would, if I couldn't make my mind up on the spot.
                              Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

Working...
                              X