This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Work Nightmares!

Another thread got me thinking: who here has had work nightmares? They can be of jobs past and present, they don't even have to be nightmares. Share the disturbing, hilarious or frightening details! I'll go first:

Every now and again, I'll dream I'm at the retail job I worked at age 18. Lines are out the door and I can't figure out the computer for the life of me. But the twist is, halfway through the dream, I *realize* it's a dream and that I don't actually work there and I'm no longer a raw cadet of 18! As the crowd starts shouting at me I just stand there like, "yeah, whatevs, SUCKERS! What are you going to do, fire me??"
    "There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't."

Back during my fast food days, I had a dream where I was screaming at our assistant manager. Over and over I was just raging and screaming in my dream. Funny thing was, I was quite relaxed when I woke up. Must've been harboring those feelings for a while and it was nice to let them out.
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

I often had a few dreams a while back when I was working at McDonalds. They often ended pretty violently...

One: Shrieking lady started throwing things at customers. I threw hot coffee in her face.
      Two: Aggressive white "gangster" dude walks into the kitchen and starts fighting. His head goes into the deep frier.
      Three: EW demanding everything. Everything goes into his face.

...I guess they start off as nightmares but end up as beautiful dreams.
      Sucky Employees = The result of sucky customers getting a job...

Comment

Back in days of yore, before there was a PC or workstation on every desk, I had a job at a title company. Much of my job consisted of typing five-part forms (at least they were non-carbon copies) on an IBM Selectric typewriter. We were supposed to average 30 title insurance reports a month; I was doing over 70. I began to dream I was typing in my sleep.

I still can't look at a putty colored typewriter without feeling a bit sick.
        Labor boards have info on local laws for free
        HR believes the first person in the door
        Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
        Document everything
        CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Darn this thread! I had one last night years after not being employed at the place!

I was the only person working a very busy lunchtime shift, and I ended up doing the same order over & over while dozens of other orders were backed up and people were yelling for food and drinks!
          That used to be oh so common when I worked there & we had large functions due

At least I didn't shoot out of bed shaking like I did the night before... oh my, that dream dumped so much adrenaline into me my arms & legs were tingling!
          Arp happens!

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

Comment

Most of my work dreams consist of me being late, or realizing I'm supposed to be at work when I'm somewhere else and trying desperately to reach my boss and/or get there. Dreams where I'm actually at work are just that...I'm at work, doing work stuff...then wake up and have to do it all over again. Pisses me off to no end.
            My dollhouse blog.

Blog about life

Comment

Working...
            X