This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At least the Port of Subs near where mom lives are really good
    And the interview seemed to go well. The pay isn't that great, but there is a lot of room for advancement and the work experience might count towards my experience requirement for the CPA, so it would still be totally worth it. So really hoping at this point in time.
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Keeping my fingers crossed that you hear good news back!

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
        I'd happily offer up a virgin sacrifice, but here in Key West, we have a definite shortage on virgins. Just saying.
        Quoth Seraph View Post
        ....Would a virgin margarita suffice?
        Jester's bar specializes in rum, not tequila - a virgin DAQUIRI sacrifice would be more appropriate.
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Well, I haven't heard anything from the place I interviewed at yet, but I am going to be heading back to Nevada again next week for yet another interview... I'm almost thinking of just staying in Nevada with family until the next time I get an interview in Salt Lake with how many more I'm getting in Reno/Sparks/Carson.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
            Jester's bar specializes in rum, not tequila - a virgin DAQUIRI sacrifice would be more appropriate.
            And how does our specializing in RUM in any make a VIRGIN drink any more appropriate, whatever the virgin drink is? Seriously? No. Fail, wolfie, fail!

Speaking of tequila, my friend Popcorn is now working at a new tequila bar his employer opened, which is staffed by him and two lovely ladies, and it is pretty much Raging Awesomeness. And it has a chance to succeed despite its small size because it is not just a stand alone bar, but is financed by the very successful restaurant that opened it. I've been there several times, and have tried some brilliant tequila cocktails that have greatly expanded my mind beyond mere margaritas.

And today for the first time, I tried mezcal, and discovered that I like it a lot more than most tequilas. It is flavorful, smoky, and brilliant. And the cocktail I tried it in, with cilantro, agave syrup, and muddled jalapeno and grilled pineapple was simply awesome. I called it "Mexico in a glass"! Amusingly, that's the second cocktail there that I've described that way, and they are both very different.

Sorry, got off on a tangent there. Smiley, keep knocking 'em dead, and you'll have a job in no time!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
            Still A Customer."

Comment

So, an update, the place I interviewed at was a dead end, but I have another last minute interview in Reno today and nexxt week a pre interview test in Carson that could lead to a job in either Carson, Loveluck, or God help me Ely

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                And how does our specializing in RUM in any make a VIRGIN drink any more appropriate, whatever the virgin drink is? Seriously? No. Fail, wolfie, fail!
                It was a joke (didn't you see the smilie?). Since yours is a rum bar, instead of taking the sour/fruity mix and leaving out the tequilla, it would be more appropriate to take the sour/fruity mix and leave out the rum.
                Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Wolfie, jokes are supposed to be funny.

And it is never appropriate to leave the rum out.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                  Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                    And it is never appropriate to leave the rum out.
                    Especially the breakfast Cheerios.
                    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Sorry, Smiley. I was going to tell you that you'd jinxed yourself when you first opened this thread, but didn't want to stifle your enthusiasm...

It's "once more unto the breach".

Comment

Working...
                      X