X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Me, singing, again :)

Big shock, right?

This Friday, at the Fisher Center at Bard College, I'm performing in Verdi's Requiem. Not as a soloist, mind you- those days are long behind me. But the Choir Master is a friend, and so I get to perform with a group of young aspiring professionals, who astound me with their talent and insight on a weekly basis. I feel incredibly fortunate to have the opportunity (and to be lead by the conductor of the American Symphony Orchestra), and if anyone is in the area, I suggest you grab a ticket- it'll be spectacular!

I'm also prepping for the Spring Concert on May 7th, but that's a bunch of smaller pieces, including Haydn's Laudamus Te, and the first two movements from Mozart's Messa Breva in C (K275). There's also a piece in that which has been giving me fits- Tota Pulchra, one of the few vocal pieces composed by Pablo Casals, the famous cellist. Damned thing sits right under where my voice breaks to secondo passaggio, so I keep tensing up. Stupid E5.

Anyway, if you're in the area, and interested in hearing one of the most spectacular operatic requiems ever written, grab a ticket!

UPDATE: We had our first rehearsal with the orchestra today. This is going to be EPIC. A once-in-a-lifetime experience. Hopefully I live up to it!

Comment

any chance it will hit Youtube at some point? I'd love to hear it but getting a ticket is not happenin'
      "Much butthurt I sense in you, cry like a bitch you should"

Comment

I'm not sure. Other performances have been posted to Youtube and Vimeo, but this is a special occasion. If it is, I'll be sure to share!

Comment

'k cool thanks

enjoy & break a leg
          "Much butthurt I sense in you, cry like a bitch you should"

Comment

I took audio last night. You can barely hear me, but you can hear the soloists. They're spectacular.

http://youtu.be/ZawajOQO-Rk

Comment

Working...
            X