This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ..The hell???

Water at my house tastes very metallic and weird. Checked with my neighbor across the street and hers seems normal.

I dunno, maybe the city is doing something with chlorine treatments or something. Very strong almost bleach-y kind of taste...I'm gonna have to toss a whole pot of caramel-flavored coffee because we can all taste it right through the flavor.

Of course it happens on a Sunday night when the water & sewer depts. are closed...
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Some sort of coating coming off your house pipes?

Problem with the water tank/heater? Do you have a water filter/water softener that needs replacing?

My best advice; Google. Maybe there is an issue with the neighborhood, but that particular neighbors' pipes weren't affected - they might be further up the line.
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Er.. The best advice is to get bottled water or BOIL the water, then filter it. Britta makes a fairly cheap filter for most particles and some chemicals. Microorganisms are another matter.
      You hold power over me and abuse it. I do not like it, and say so. Suddenly I am a problem.. FIND. A. MIRROR!

Comment

Metallic taste? High chlorine content? I suspect the city has done some pipe work nearby, and has temporarily upped the chlorine in order to kill "beasties" in the previously-exposed pipes. Both issues should be temporary.
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

sometimes houses on each side of a road will be connected to a different pipe network

Comment

Called the city water dept and talked to one of the chemists. They do flush the pipes and things in the spring, and apparently where we're located, we're among the first to be affected. Plus air temp and water temp comes into it. It's REALLY strong, so I'm boiling water and letting it cool. We can also put uncovered containers in the fridge and let the chlorine evaporate out of it. They said they'd have someone come out and flush the hydrants in the area, too.

Meanwhile I think I'm going to go buy some spring water. We had to do that years ago, before they revamped the city water system.
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
            X