This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good thoughts please!

So I've been working at my job on campus for 2 semesters....this past fall and this spring.

Friday I met up with my gaming group which consists of 4 of my managers, who all tell me that they put my name down for the short list of people to be recommended for the 4 empty manager positions coming open in the fall when we're loosing 4 managers to graduation, moving (permanently), or various other reasons.

it would mean a MASSIVE pay increase ($7.25/hr @20 hours a week, to $10/hr @36 hours per week), which for me would be a small fortune, PLUS it would still work around my class schedule.

fingers crossed, good thoughts....prayers.....blood sacrifices >.>
    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

....funny story, I was doing all of the things in that list on a whim, until I got to 'blood sacrifices.'
    My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Sending good thoughts for you...catch

Comment

Fingers crossed for you here

Comment

Blood sacrifice achieved. (stupid sharp shelf...)

Good luck to you!
          "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Quoth Sarlon View Post
            fingers crossed, good thoughts....prayers.....blood sacrifices >.>
            I will dedicate several of my ritual blood lettings* every day to you. Although I never had any success myself getting into management.**

* Blood glucose measurement.
            ** rejected 87 times for promotion into management - I think it was a record at that agency.
            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Ladies and Gentlemen! Its offical I got the call tonight at work!! next week is my last week as a lowly minion....next Friday I go meet with my boss and sign paperwork, talk details, sell my soul, and join the ranks of managers!

I will ofically start in the fall!
              It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

So which side are we cheering for? (the first 0:44)
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
                X