This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth mathnerd View Post
    Kittish, if a stranger comes to his house, he will bark but not cross the line into snapping and growling without cause.
    Ahem. MOST strangers.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
      Ahem. MOST strangers.
      Yes, this is because he had you pegged as a pansy.
      At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Update: Baxter had a follow up with the vet today. For the most part, everything is going well. One of the complication risks is random internal bleeding and infection. This has happened in his left ear, so he's got more antibiotics and I have to flush his ears out twice a day. This is really a minor complication, and the vet is still pleased with his progress.
        At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Glad he's continuing to do better. Give the guy some extra ear scritches for me.
          Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

Oh good. I hope he trusts you enough to let you do the ear without a problem.
            Seshat's self-help guide:
            1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
            2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
            3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
            4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

This dog is an absolute push over for me. I've been the one that's had to hold him and keep him calm for all the vet stuff. The staff had me do the ears this morning to make sure I knew what I was doing and was comfortable, and he didn't give me the first protest.

Comment

Quoth mathnerd View Post
                Yes, this is because he had you pegged as a pansy.
                The only people who have ever thought I was a pansy were my sisters and other people who were as wrong as my sisters.

Still A Customer."

Comment

When it comes to your threat level to his kids (and in his world, my kids are his), the dog is not wrong.

Weird update: he's gotten to the point where the only place he will sleep comfortably is the back seat of my car.
                  Last edited by mathnerd; 04-02-2014, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Well, I wouldn't have used the word "pansy" to describe Jester..."softie" maybe? Lots of tough, strong guys are big softies when it comes to dogs (and other pets).
                    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                    My LiveJournal
                    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Actually, what happened was this:

My house in Miami was pretty difficult to find even during the day. You can't see the house from the street and the driveway is kind of hidden. The first time he came to the house, it was pretty late, very dark and he was very tired. I'd walked to the end of the (very long) driveway to make it easier. Both dogs were hanging out with me, but Baxter had wandered into the field across from the driveway. Jester pulled up, I greeted him and Baxter apparently lost interest at that point. Instead of walking back once he'd gotten there, I just jumped in the passenger seat and he drove down the driveway and parked. I'm guessing that between me greeting him off the property then getting out of the car once we were on the property, Baxter determined that he was "safe".

Comment

Quoth mathnerd View Post
                        When it comes to your threat level to his kids (and in his world, my kids are his), the dog is not wrong.
                        I never said he was wrong about my threat level to your kids, or anyone else at the house. I just said YOU were wrong by characterizing it by calling me a pansy.

Harmless? Sure.

Softie? I can see it.

Pansy? Not a chance.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Dogs don't really don't distinguish between those. They see you as "threat" or "not a threat". At least until they get to know you.

Baxter is actually a very good judge of character. I'd definitely listen to him if I had a friend or boyfriend he didn't like.

Comment

I know. I never said they did. Someone isn't reading what I wrote.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                              I know. I never said they did. Someone isn't reading what I wrote.
                              It's just the internet. Calm down there big fella haha

Glad to hear he's doing ok. In an uppity higher end neighbourhood here there were people tossing steaks to dogs that caused mass panic. Turned out to be animal loving people giving out treats but still....tell me before feeding my mutts man.

Comment

He keeps doing better. Rat poison takes 4-6 weeks to recover from, and he's progressing as well as can be expected. I'm looking forward to the day I can feed him regular food again. I'm going through ridiculous quantities of rice and cottage cheese. I may never make rice again!

Comment

Working...
                                X