This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

War & Peace Part 2 *Update*

Thank you guys so much, God I dunno what I'd do without this place :hugs to all:

Basically, mom had checked on Granny before she went to bed yesterday morning at 6:30am & all was well at that time. I got up just a few minutes before mom did at 10:30ish ( I wish that I had checked on Granny before mom had got up, but I had to take the dog out to potty so I didn't ) Anyway mom got up & that was the first thing she did, I was standing in the bathroom 'cause I needed to glove up to throw Granny's bedding from the day before into the wash before the aide from Hospice came to bathe her & change the linens. When mom went into the room & didn't come right back out, I knew something wasn't right..I left the room to go call Kevin & for the first time in a long time he was unreachable (Rule #9 anyone?) so I had to leave a voicemail. Then I called my dad in TX (my poor dad, this is the second time I've called him howling. the first was the morning after we found out Capt. Phil Harris from Deadliest Catch had died) I have to admit, I panicked a little when I couldn't get in touch with Kevin right away, at that point mom was in hysterics & I fell apart on the phone with dad for a few minutes (thankfully, Kevin wasn't out of reach for long 20-30 mins at the most). The folks from the funeral home & the Hospice aide & nurse came, they were wonderful, got her cleaned up so we could have a minute before the funeral people loaded her up.

we're all doing a little better today, we got to go out all 3 of us together to eat last night for the first time since granny broke her hip last this last summer (usually mom & Kevin, my step-dad would go out to eat while I had to stay at home). Granny is being prepped by the funeral home that is located at the end of our block & they are shipping her to the funeral home in Fort Worth, TX this afternoon ( Granny, Granddad & my great uncle all had pre-arranged & paid for the coffin, headstones & plots at a cemetery in Winert, TX , which basically is out in the middle of Bumfuck TX (seriously, there's NOTHING out there but the graveyard) & that's where Granny's parents, her husband & her brother etc are all buried so that's where the burial will be. The service itself will take place at the funeral home chapel there in Fort Worth & then only the funeral home people will go out to the gravesite for the burial, it's too far out & too much trouble to ask people to make the trip out to the middle of no where & being's we're not going to the gravesite either soo. We're planning on loading the car Fri & I guess leaving Sat to get there Sun, the service itself will be Mon. at around 1:30-2 o'clock

So, anyone whose in the Tx area, if you want to, her obit will be in the newspaper, her name is Ima Johnson ( I have nothing to hide, so I'm comfortable with people knowing my name/location etc, I'm un-employed at the moment so

I feel selfish for saying this, because I know she was suffering & wanted to go Home, but I really wish she'd have held out till after the first of the month (that was when her benefits came in) See, the house we're currently living in is in her name & it was her benefits that paid the mortgage, utilities etc. I have GOT to have new contact lenses & being un-employed she was gonna pay for the exam & such. I hope to God I can get hired somewhere, I'm gonna try to get on as a cashier at the locally owned pharmacy where we get our 'scripts filled, thankfully we'd just gotten our new pain meds scripts but I have to go get it renewed in June so hopefully I'll be working by then 'cause I can't go without my pain meds

anyhow, that's the update for now

Peace
    K
    "Much butthurt I sense in you, cry like a bitch you should"

Comment

*hugs and prayers*

*more hugs*

....*lots more hugs*
      1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
      -----
      http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Working...
      X