This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I finally did it

I picked up a chromebook and I love it! It's the Acer $199 deal and it's awesome. It only weighs 3 lbs and it fits in my purse. It's the size of a piece of notebook paper. Everything runs sooooo fast. The trackpad is comfortable to use. Sometimes I don't like those. It's not a pretty device, but hey--I'm looking at the screen, not the outside. My only issue is that the charger falls out; if it continues to be a problem I will take it back. I did get the service plan, which probably isn't needed for most people, but I am clumsy and weird charger port issues happen to me. But so far I love this thing. I still have my laptop for backup, when I eventually fix it.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Quoth Food Lady View Post
    My only issue is that the charger falls out; if it continues to be a problem I will take it back.
    as a chromebook user i have to tell you this will always be a problem

Comment

Thanks; I'll just have to be careful while it charges.

Comment

I think keeping the chromebook on a flat, even surface like a table while it charges might reduce the issue with the charger falling out.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

What model did you get, FL? I got one for Christmas and love mine. (And my charge plug seems nice and tight.) btw, the HDMI out works great - I port mine to the TV in my office and work on it that way.

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
            as a chromebook user i have to tell you this will always be a problem
            I've got the HP pavillion 14 chromebook, never had a problem with the charger falling out, maybe an acer issue as my acer netbook had that problem as well.
            Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

It's the C720. I got it for $199 at WallyWorld. Typing on it right now. The HP is really pretty and big, but I'm happy enough with this one. I think the charger won't be much a problem because I don't have to have it plugged in while using the book, like I did with my tablet. That was an issue with the Superpads. It fell off the table and the dipole broke off in the charger port. This thing lasts hours without a charge.

Comment

Working...
              X