Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, the new plan is to use the moving company recommended by our landlord. We are supposed to be moved Friday. We would have been moved tomorrow, but both of us have to work, and I don't think I could get the time off so quickly.

Still plan on those complaints, don't worry.
    Random conversation:
    Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
    DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

we are sucessfully moved. she can update you later
      Lister: This is Crazy. Why are we talking about going to bed with Wilma Flintstone?
      Cat: You're right. We're Nuts! This is an insane conversation....
      Lister: She'll never leave Fred and we know it.

Comment

Yeah! Waiting for an update.
        That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

Wonderful! Also awaiting an update.

I was gonna say, the boxes and stairs should not have been an issue. I moved into and out of an apartment on the second floor of a house and used the same moving company both times. Boxes, furniture and stairs were never a problem.

Comment

Soon, soon. It will all come soon. We still have to pick up the cats and freak them out. That sounds evil, I know.

Then wander over to Office Depot (yay coupon!) and get chairmats. Possibly look a new desks. Then find an excuse to go to the dine in theater as I have a BOGO meal coupon(s). Sometime during the week go grocery shopping.
            Random conversation:

Comment

So, the update:

We contacted the company that one of our neighbors recommended and we heard nothing after the initial contact. I called twice and was promised I'd be called back and would be emailed the info. It never happened.

I found the company that we used from our landlord. She recommended them, and they were willing to move us Wednesday, but with us both working and the short time, I couldn't get the time off. So we opted for Friday.

DaDairyDruid can fill in the move itself, since he was the one there, but I feel much more relieved that it's done.
              Random conversation:

Comment

sorry for the delay, forget she handed the baton back to me.

Last Friday they showed up on the early end of their arrival spectrum. Before I finished showing them around they were running boxes from the living area into the truck. There were 4 of them, 3 loading the truck and 1 organizing the truck. About 2 hours or so later the house was loaded. After a short drive they unloaded the truck at the new place, which took just over an hour. I tipped them an hours worth of work.

Tuesday of this week the 1800gotjunk people came to clean up the "junk" it took them a couple of hours, and they "helped themselves" to the old Shonen Jumps that were littering the closet.

Today the cleaning service came and cleaned up the old place. That was not fun as they came just after the end of their spectrum, and took a bit longer than expected (3 instead of 2 hours) even when they called in an extra body to help. The house looks much better though, and hopefully will sell soon.

There is a bid on the house so far, but I know the bank wont take it , as they are almost 9k under the list price, which we all know is the MINIMUM they will consider, and hoping for more, but I know there have been a couple tours suince then, so we have hope.
                Lister: This is Crazy. Why are we talking about going to bed with Wilma Flintstone?
                Cat: You're right. We're Nuts! This is an insane conversation....
                Lister: She'll never leave Fred and we know it.

Comment

Working...
                X